After Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and others, BSNL has now come up with a combo package to counter the Relaince Jio wave. Priced at Rs. 339, the monthly voucher includes 56 GB of high speed data to be consumed at the rate of 2GB per day, unlimited BSNL to BSNL calls, 25 minutes BSNL to other calls, etc. Apparently, the offer seems to be restricted to the prepaid users.
BSNL vs Reliance Jio Prime
BSNL’s latest plan directly competes with Reliance Jio Prime’s Rs. 499 pack. Both of them come with a validity of 28 days and offers 2 GB of high-speed 4G internet per day. However, there is a notable difference between them. With Reliance Jio you will get unlimited free calls to any network across India. On the other hand, BSNL’s Rs. 339 pack includes unlimited BSNL to BSNL calling and just 25 minutes of free call to other operators per day, after which you will be charged at 25 paisa per minute.
Winding it all up let us tell you the pros and cons of the BSNL’s Rs. 339 plan in comparison with Reliance Jio Prime’s Rs. 499 package.
- BSNL’s plan costs Rs. 160 less than that of Reliance Jio’s’.
- Also available for 3G handsets.
- No need to buy any additional Prime Membership.
- Unlimited calls restricted only to its own network. 25 minutes of daily free call to other networks is barely minimum.
- Well-known for its network issues and consistently slow internet speed.
- Valid only till 90 days after which the plan may get modified or pulled off altogether.
Do let us know about your thoughts regarding BSNL’s new tariff plan in the comment section below.