ZTE, the Chinese manufacturer,continuing the trend of 1080p smartphones at CES with the launch of the Grand S. The Grand S flaunts a 5-inch 1080p panel, which is becoming a standard for a flagship smartphone. ZTE Grand S is challenged to be the world’s thinnest full-HD smartphone and is only 6.9mm thick.
Ensuring the customer to be provided with latest in technology, functionality and style ,ZTE decided to take on the likes of the HTC DROID DNA, while also aiming for the phablet market of the Galaxy Note II. The ZTE Grand S has some impressive specs under the hood, but they’ve been claiming it’s the “thinnest 1080p” device around — and it is.
Specifications provided in ZTE Grand S
- This phone is supported by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.7GHz quad-core CPU.
- It has been provided with the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
- It has 13 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera for the video Chat.
- the Screen is 5 inch full-HD screen and the body Dimensions: 142*69*6.9mm.
- It has 2GB RAM with 16GB Internal Storage.
- The1780 mAh battery ensure the talk time of 7 hours.
- It also Supports 4G LTE
- ZTE has also managed to pack some serious audio chops in the Grand S as it has Dolby Digital Surround Sound built-in.
ZTE Grand S Quick Hands on Review
Currently no pricing has been announced, but ZTE says that the phone will be available for sale online in the first quarter of 2013 in China. Taking a look at the specs the ZTE Grand S looks to be a blockbuster of a phone and one which could easily trump the big boys of the mobile market. But with a sluggish interface and its but disappointing screen quality Grand S might get pushed down by the superiors like Sony Xperia, Huawei Ascend D2, and Samsung. We will update you with more news and updates on ZTE Grand S and its indian availability.