Update on 28th Jan 2014: We have just confirmed from the Victim that the phone was on charging with the original Micromax charger, He was talking on the phone and after some voltage fluctuation in current from power port, this happened and phone busted in his hands and caused injuries to his hand and face.
Reports of exploding iPhones, BlackBerry and Samsung Galaxy S4s are not unheard of on the Internet, and today we came across India’s number 2 selling smartphone brand Micromax’s Phone burst into flame in New Delhi, India. The issue is concerning because the particular owner of Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114 who user was injured.
The Phone in question is Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114, which houses the low cost MT6582 quad core processor clocked at 1.3 GHz. The images reveal the charred shell and whatever was left of it after the incident. We confirmed the reports from the retailer named Teerat Telecom, in Rohini West Delhi. The phone burst in to flames which lead to some burn injuries on Victims hand and face.
Micromax may not be at fault as there could be various possible reasons for the incident which we are looking into as of now. The exploding could be due use of faulty third party local charger while making phone calls also. It is always advice to not charge your phones while attending phone calls.
Smartphones are among our most intimate companions and the exploding of one is quite scary.Whatever the reason might be, it makes us seriously ponder on the safety issues and testing standard of the Domestic brands. It is the first incident concerned with a domestic brand, which has come to light and should be thoroughly investigated so that such incidents don’t repeat themselves in the future.
Thanks to our anonymous Tipster