Keeping up with the tech pace, Flipkart has launched an Android wear App Wishlist. Flipkart also claims that this will be first app from India to be listed on the Android wearable technology store. Flipkart Wishlist will be compatible with all android wear based smartwatches.
Once you update your Flipkart Android App to its latest version, the whishlist app will be automatically available for your smartwatch when you pair both. You can then receive push notifications from the android app on your watch.
You can also view and add products to your wishlist. According to Flipkart, possible future updates of the app include accessing order tracking related information, price drop notification and personalized offer notification. For now, you will have to remain content with only that. There aren’t many features included and perhaps that’s not a bad thing either. That’s pretty much what makes sense on a small watch dial. we are not sure if we would like the Wear app to include all Android App features and use it for shopping and browsing products.
The current features available in the Android Flipkart App
- Brand New User Interface and faster app
- Happy Shopping: No Hassle Returns,100% Buyer Protection
- Choice of Payments: Cash on Delivery, Credit/Debit Card, EMI, NetBanking, PayZippy
- Smarter Search: Look up products, categories or brands using text, voice or by barcode
- Explore Your Way: Quickly switch between List, Grid and Full Screen views
- Pinpoint Products: Find what you want with the sort and multi-filter functions
- Never Miss an Offer: Get access to personalized and exclusive app-only deals
- Personalized Alerts: Get notifications on personalized offers, price drops, order status, exclusive launches
- Product Suggestions: Relevant recommendations based on your shopping history
- Share with Friends: Suggest links to interesting products on Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- Examine Closely: View products in great detail with the large, multi-perspective images
- Do More with Images: Save images to your phone or instantly share them with friends
- One-touch Wishlist: Add products to your Flipkart Wishlist with just one tap
Although you can’t do much with the wear app as of now, Flipkart will have a early beginner advantage in case wearable market does kick off.