Acer Liquid E700 has been launched today on 8th December 2014 and its about to go for the first sale today only via Snapdeal exclusively. Its comes with decent hardware specs which includes an octa core 1.3 Ghz CPU, but some of the key unique features include 2 Gb RAM, Triple SIM, LED Flash for front camera which could eventually make your low light selfie photos look good. In this review we help you find out whether its worth investing money on this affordable quad core which has some good specifications for the price.
Acer Liquid E700 Full In Depth Review + Unboxing [Video]
Acer Liquid E700 Quick Specs
- Display Size: 5 inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen with 720 x 1280 HD resolution
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Quad Core MediaTek MT6582
- RAM: 2 Gb
- Software Version: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) OS
- Camera: 8 MP AF Camera with LED Flash
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP Front-Facing Camera FF [Fixed Focus] with LED Flash
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 32GB
- Battery: 3500 mAh battery Lithium Ion ( Non removable )
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, aGPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Others: OTG Support – Yes, Dual SIM – Yes, LED Indicator – Yes ( Color Cannot Be Changed, it behind the Ear Piece Mesh )
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity and magnetic field sensor.
- SAR Values: (Not Known Yet)
- Physical Dimensions ( Length, Width and Thickness): 147.3 x 73 x 9.9 mm
- SIM Card Slot Size: First Slot Normal SIM ( 3G and 2G ), Second Slot Normal SIM ( 2G and 3G) and Third Slot Normal SIM (2G Only)
Inside the box you get a handset, MicroUSB to USB cable, USB Charger ( output current 2 AMP), In Ear Headphones with mic to take calls, One Screen protector, Service Center list, warranty card etc.
Build Quality, Design and Form Factor
Acer Liquid E700 is a well built phone comes in black color with matte rubberized finish back cover which make the phone comfortable to hold and provide a good grip as well in your hands. Its weigh around 155 grams which makes it neither light nor heavy to hold and thickness of 9.9 mm does make you feel, its not thin phone but rounded edges does compensate a bit for the extra thickness.
The rear 8MP camera AF camera can take decent long shots and good macro shots in day light and low light performance is also good. The rear camera can also record can record 720p video but at 30 fps. The front fixed focus 2MP camera can take decent selfie shots both with and without light. Selfie photos were not too great but good enough compared to what you get at this price point on other devices. See the camer review video and camera samples below to know more.
Acer Liquid E700 Quick Camera Review [Video]
Acer Liquid E700 Camera Video Sample [Video]
Display and Battery Backup
It has got 5 Inch of IPS LCD display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution which gives good clarity on readable text on this display. Its an IPS LCD with good viewing angles and color reproduction is decent if not too good. Display is sensitive to finger touch with 5 point multi touch support and does not have scratch resistant screen protection glass.
Acer Liquid E700 comes with 3500 mAh battery which can last for a day easily. You can get around 1.5 to 2 days of battery backup with basic to moderate usage on this phone. For heavy users battery can last upto 5 to 6 hours on continuous usage with HD game playback or with HD Video movie playback or anything else resource intensive.
Memory, Storage and OTA Update
It comes loaded with 16 GB of Internal Storage and 2GB RAM. You will get around 1.5 GB free RAM on first boot once you setup the phone. Free RAM can be used to install and run heavy or moderate graphic games and apps and can run them smoothly as well. Out of 16 GB storage, you get 12.46 GB available to user for installing apps and games. You can move apps or games from phone memory to SD card. OTG can always help with low storage issues and is supported on this phone. You will get OTA update for Lollipop but when, there is no info about that available as if now.
Software, Benchmarks and Gaming
Acer Liquid E700 runs custom UI on top of android which is responsive and shows very minor lag in animations, home screen movement and app close and opening on heavy usage but no lag in normal day to day usage. We played Temple Run OZ and Asphalt 8 and both of these games played fine without any graphic lag. For Asphalt 8 in high visual mode we experienced slight amount of frame drops but with moderate graphics we could play it smoothly without any issues. Game onscreen controls were accessible and touch screen was responsive while playing games, see the gaming review video below to know more.
- Antutu Benchmark: 17855
- Nenamark2: 54.6 fps
- Multi Touch: 5 Point
Acer Liquid E700 Gaming Review [Video]
Sound, Video and Navigation
Sound from loudspeaker was loud to hear but not the loudest we have heard but its placement on the front bottom prevent it from any blockage. FHD videos 720p can play fine without any issues and 1080p also get played fine but may not play some 1080p videos, you can play them with third party video players like MX Players etc. GPS navigation works fine, it locked GPS coordinates quickly in seconds outdoors but indoors it may take time depending on signal strength.
Acer Liquid E700 Photo Gallery
Other Important Things
- Internet Sharing: You can create a portable Wifi Hotspot to share 3G Internet using any SIM card.
- Audio Recording and Noise Cancellation: It has dual mic, you can get an idea about noise cancellation in camera sample video above.
- Phone Grip: Phone grip is good with matte back cover.
- Backlit LED on Touch Capacitive Buttons: No
- Display Protection Glass: No Info
- Slow Motion Video Recording: No
What We Liked
- Big Battery Backup
- Front Camera LED Flash
- 2 GB RAM
What We Did Not Liked
- No Backlit LED for Touch Capacitive Buttons
Verdict and Price
Acer Liquid E700 has been launched at a price of Rs. 11,999 and at this price point, its great value for money for the price with some key features like big battery, 2 GB RAM and Flash for front camera as well which can be well used to take good group selfie photos in low light conditions. The only bad thing would be missing backlit LED light for touch capacitive navigation buttons at bottom front of the phone.