A fresh wallpaper goes a long way in refreshing your Android phone and associated experience. Its annoying to repeatedly look for a new wallpapers to break home-screen monotony, and since you are using a smartphone, there are viable solutions to every problem. Here are a few good ones.
Muzei Live Wallpaper
Muzei is perhaps the best Android wallpaper app. It allows you to add wallpaper from different sources like 500PX, National Geographic, Reddit, etc by downloading respective extensions from playstore. The app can also be used to rotate all or specific images from your gallery app.
If you are using Muzei’s own source, a new art wallpaper will be automatically updated to your device everyday. Other custom sources allow you to customize update time as well.
- You can add your favourite Muzei source
- You can include images from Gallery
If you like to have complete control of what goes on your Android screen, you can use Wallpaper changer, which rotates wallpaper on your homescreen only from folders that you add. So if you have a beautiful personal collection of wallpapers that work for you, you can add the particular folder containing all of them to the app and set change interval.
- You can add folders to the app rather than adding specific images one at a time
- There is no option to directly download and updated fresh new surprise wallpapers
Smart Weather Wallpaper
Smart Weather Wallpaper rotates flickr images on your homescreen based on weather outside and the time of the day. You can also use it to set other images based on your location. The app supports up to QHD display, so you don’t have to worry about soft images and poor quality. The app will cost you 125 INR.
- Best suited for whether based wallpapers.
- High quality Images
- A free trial version is not available
HPSTR Live Wallpaper
Hipster Live Wallpaper app works similar to Muzei. You can choose from 3 sources if you have the pro version and on every wallpaper, a random translucent shape is added. Pro users get to customize the shape and filter used within as well.
- Wallpapers are of good quality
- You can choose time interval between wallpapers
- There is no option to choose Gallery images as source
People Paper Wallpaper
People Paper also works on a great concept, though execution is not perfect. Every time you activate your screen, you are greeted with a new wallpaper, clicked by another Android user. The app surprises you each time, and all uploads are subjected to approval to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises. You can upload images using Android share menu from Gallery app.
- The concept is cool
- A new wallpaper every time your screen wakes up or when you scroll between homescreens.
- Many wallpapers are very generic and soft
- a grey texture fills empty patches, which doesn’t look cool
These are some different rotate wallpaper apps which you can benefit from. If some other app works better for you, let us know in the comment section below.