Moving to a New City due to job transfer/promotion or due to joining a college? Need a new place to live in? Afraid of greedy real-state brokers? Don’t have enough free time to move from door to door to ask for a rental space? Well I have got a Solution for you. Today I have brought you 5 Apps using which you could easily search for a new Flat/PG and similar options to settle down in a new city just by using your Android Smartphone.
Housing is an App developed by Housing.com which clearly needs no introduction. The App works just like its website and users could use this app to search for Flats in a particular city, in a particular area, in a particular budget and with certain preferences like – 1BHK, 2BHK or 3BHK ; Fully Furnished/Unfurnished and much more options. You could also get the landlords number and directly give a call to him for enquiring further details.
- You could search for flats/PG’s in more than 15 major cities across India.
- You could also browse through the real photos/map location of the listed flat itself before making any proceedings.
- The app lets you connect with over half a million listed flat landlords across the country, that gives you a lot of options to choose from.
- The app has been reported to hang/lag on less resourceful phones.
- As the App shows real Map locations so it works a bit slow on 2G Net connections.
Recommended: 5 Ways To Track Immunization Of Your Child In India
99acres is probably the oldest name we have been hearing about Buy & Rent flats across various cities. Its been over 10 years since the 99acres website has been functional, that’s the reason behind the fact that this app has the largest number of flat listings ever. The app allows you to browse through a number of flats available for rent in a particular area. You can check the Advertisers Contact numbers as well as message them using this app for absolutely free.
- You could send message to the flat owners and land-owners for free using the app.
- You could view the complete details of a particular listed flat using this app. (i.e. Flat size, Society Amenities, Near by locations etc.)
- Most of Listed flats lack proper pictures and location address.
- Not proper categories are given for all types of flats. (i.e. 1RK flats are listed under 1BHK flats as the 1RK option isn’t there)
CommonFloor is yet another App which is already having a functional Real-estate website. The App lets you find better property as per your choice with ease. The app gives a perfect user experience along with a guarantee of 100% verified flat listings. You could use the app to search for a flat in locations like – Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Kochi and many more popular Indian Cities.
- Here you would only 100% Verified flat listings so there are nearly 0% chances of any fraud latter on.
- Using the app you could also share a particular ad of a listed flat with a Friend, Relative, or a family member who might be requiring those kind of flats.
- The App lets you browse properties across 200 Indian Cities.
- The App sometimes crashes after a period of usage
Recommended: 4 Ways to Install Apps from Outside Play Store
Our next app could help you in finding a Flatmate to share a flat with in you preferred location – FlatMate.in. Well this app has come up with the idea that the new comers in town don’t have a high budget and time to move directly into a furnished lavish flat, but yes they could share a flat with the people already residing in those flats and then both of them could share the expenses. This app is currently functional in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon.
- You could select from a few preferences to search for your ideal flatmate like – Male/Female, Working/Student, Guesting Allowed/Not Allowed etc.
- This app ensures complete security of a users privacy and only allows the contact of a user to another person on his/her approval.
- The app ensures completely verified flat listings.
- Its current availability in only 3 cities could a point of drawback for those searching for Flatmates in several other cities across India.
- The App is a new-born and thus has only 5000 users which means the number of listings in currently pretty much less and needs to be increased so that the person searching for a flatmate could find more and better options.
Yet another similar app like the previous one, Flatchat allows users to find flats and flatmates in their desired locations. However Flatchat has a much more user-friendly interface and lets it users actually chat using the app and discuss regarding the terms and conditions of the flat before they meet. The is currently functional in cities like – Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- The has a really attractive user-interface.
- You could chat using this app with the people who have listed their flats searching for flatmates.
- One of the biggest cons is the currently the app isn’t safe from the listings made by brokers to fool & lure people.
- Many users have been facing lack of privacy issues.
So here were the 5 Popular Apps to search for Flats and PG’s in many popular cities across India. Now its upto you and your requirements that which of these apps suit you. However after using these apps, Do share your reviews and feedback in the comments section below.