Reliance Jio just surprised us once more. Yesterday, the fast-growing telecom operator of India unveiled the Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer. Starting at Rs. 309, the new deal will give you three months of unlimited usage. Even though it apparently seems to be the same Summer Surprise Offer with a different name, it is actually not. Keep reading to know about the dissimilarities between the two offers and find out which is the better one.
First let’s clarify that the Jio Surprise Offer is a complimentary service, while the Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer is a paid service. This is one of the most significant differences between them. It is also the reason why TRAI should not be able to scrap it. Now, I will categorically talk about the similarities of the two offers and the differences between them. In the end, it will let you know about the pros and cons of the latest offer.
Jio Summer Surprise Offer Vs Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer: Similarities
- You can make unlimited local, STD and Roaming calls to any network from anywhere in India.
- Both will give you at least 1 GB of high-speed data per day which may go up to 2 GB if you opt for a higher package.
- Each of them comes with a complimentary subscription to premium Jio apps like JioTV, JioMusic, JioCinema, etc.
- Jio Prime membership is mandatory.
Jio Summer Surprise Offer Vs Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer: Differences
- Jio Summer Surprise Offer is a complimentary or free service, whereas Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer is a paid plan.
- The first one comes with 90 days or three months’ validity, while the latter is valid for 84 days only, i.e. 6 days less.
- The tariff plan for the subscribers of the Summer Surprise Offer starts at Rs. 303 and Rs. 499. The same package costs Rs. 309 and Rs. 509 for Dhan Dhana Dhan subscribers. That said, we are unsure if this anomaly will exist in the future.
- You could recharge with any plan higher than Rs. 303 to be eligible for the Jio Summer Surprise Offer. However, in the case of the Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer you can only choose between two recharge packs.
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer Pros
- It is a paid service. So, Reliance Jio is bound to provide top notch service or else it may face legal action.
- It gives a new breath to the ones who missed the Jio Summer Surprise Offer due to its premature termination.
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer Cons
- It is a paid service whereas the Summer Surprise Offer is a free one. Users were getting four months of unlimited usage for almost the same amount that they are paying for the Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer which will last for 84 days only or less than three months.
As you might guess, the Jio Summer Surprise Offer is a much better deal than the new Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer. The former is also probably the last free or complimentary service from Reliance Jio.
Even though this is a bit disheartening for the people who have failed to avail the Jio Summer Surprise Offer, the Dhan Dhana Dhan offer is pretty lucrative too. Who else will give you 84 GB of high-speed data, unlimited calls, SMS, and premium app subscription for 84 days at just Rs. 408?