A stuck iPhone is an unusual sight. This is something which made Apple products stand apart from the crowd. But, this distinct identity is getting diminished gradually after the release of iOS 11 as a number of users are facing iPhone hanging issues.
After the update, the most common problem that occurs is the frozen Apple logo screen that won’t restore normally. So, if you are among the lot which has faced the same issue, here are some of the ways which might be helpful in getting your iPhone back to normal after the iOS 11 update.
Method 1: Force Restart
This is one of the most common and quite effective solutions that anyone can suggest. Not just because this is easy but, it is quite effective in several cases. Although it is not necessary that it will fix your problem each time, there is no harm in trying it once. To do this, you have to press the Wake/Sleep button and home button on iPhone simultaneously unless the phone gets reboot again.
Method 2: Restore Bricked iPhone in Recovery Mode with iTunes
If your iPhone is stuck on Apple logo during iOS 11 developer beta upgrade for a couple of times then you can put your iPhone in recovery mode and restore it with iTunes. Before starting, make sure that iTunes is up to date. Here are the few steps you need to follow:-
- Connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes.
- Enter the recovery mode by pressing and holding sleep/wake and home button for more than 10 seconds. For iPhone 7/7 Plus, you have to press sleep/wake and volume down button simultaneously.
- After detection, the iTunes will ask whether to Restore or Update. As iOS 11 is the latest update, click on the restore button. It should be noted that the phone will perform a factory resetting and erase all the media files from the phone
Method 3: Try DFU Mode to Solve iPhone Stuck During iOS 11 Update
If above-mentioned methods are not working then you can get your iPhone back to normal through DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. It allows an iOS device to interface with iTunes without loading the operating system. Here are the steps to be followed: –
- Connect iPhone to iTunes on the desktop
- Shut down the device completely and hold the power button for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds press sleep/wake and home button for about 10 seconds (For iPhone 7/7 Plus, the combination is Volume Down and Home Button). Release the On/Off while holding the Home Button on iPhone 6S and earlier and Volume Down on iPhone 7/7+
- If the screen is still black, then you have successfully entered DFU mode, and if anything reflects, like Apple logo, Connect to iTunes prompt as you have to try the whole process again
- Restore iPhone from frozen mode like you did in the Method 2 mentioned above
So, here are few methods that you can try without downloading any third party applications. Let us know if you find any more difficulties while downloading the iOS 11 update.