Xiaomi has announced a new update to MIUI, taking the MIUI version to MIUI 9.2. The update comes with new features, UI changes and some new apps. Some of the biggest features which Xiaomi added include a new Gallery app, Mi Video app, App Vault and more. Xiaomi has also mentioned that this new update comes with a fix for KRACK WPA2 security vulnerability.
Xiaomi recently rolled out the MIUI 9 Global update with lots of new features like the split screen view, new user interface, new Gallery app, App Vault, Mi Drop and more. These features are currently available only for users who are running the Global Beta ROM. Users who are running the Stable ROM have not received these features.
Xiaomi had rolled out the stable version of MIUI 9 to some of its devices but older devices like the Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 3 and more still haven’t got this update.
This update is only available to the users who are running the MIUI 9 Global ROM on their smartphones. The complete changelog for the new MIUI 9.2 update is available on the Mi Forum. The MIUI 9.2 update is available for Mi Mix 2, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, and Redmi 5A users.
MIUI 9.2 Features
- Mi Mover app: for data migration from older smartphone to new Xiaomi smartphone.
- Simplified user interface
- Fixes the fingerprint failure related issues
- Fixed KRACK WPA2 security vulnerability
- Fixed the full-screen compatibility for third-party apps
- New App lock supports hiding messages from selected apps
- Reduce the number of push notifications when the user is signed out of the Mi account
- New performance mode in the Game Speed Booster
- MI Wallet app introduced
- Some MiPay transaction failed issue has been fixed
These are the new features and fixes you will get in the new MIUI 9.2 update. This update is only available to the users who are running the MIUI 9 Global ROM.