If you own a smartphone with less RAM and it lags every time even on the home screen then we have a solution for you. Android recently worked on this thing and introduced Android Oreo Go edition which is Android 8.0 Oreo OS optimized to work smoothly on the smartphones with less RAM. A user on XDA Developers forum extracted the launcher apk from the Android Oreo Go edition for all other Android smartphones.
The launcher is optimized and tweaked to work on all other smartphones too which doesn’t even run on the Android 8.0 Oreo OS. This launcher can take you out of your misery and make your smartphone run smoother than ever before. So, let’s see how you can install the Android Oreo Go edition launcher on your Android smartphone.
What do you need?
You need a smartphone running on Android version 6.0 and later so the app can run on the phone. You also need to enable unknown sources by going to Settings > Security > enable the Unknown Sources option and confirm (tap OK) to the popup message. If you own a smartphone running Android 8.0 Oreo, then go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > App Permissions > Special app Access > Install unknown apps > Chrome > Allow from this source.
Steps to install the apk on your Android smartphone
- Download the Android Oreo Go launcher apk from here using your smartphone’s browser.
- Once downloaded, tap the notification from the notification drawer and you will reach the app installation page.
- Tap on Install and the installation will begin.
- Once the app is installed, tap on Done and press the home button once.
- You will see a popup with two launchers listed, tap on Pixel Launcher and tap Always.
Now you have it, you are running the Android Oreo Go edition launcher on your smartphone. You will not see any kind of lag on your smartphone from now on. For more guides like this, follow us on our social media pages.