Back in August Airtel announced that it would offer free Netflix access to its postpaid users on select plans. However, the company did not reveal the prices of those plans. Now, after a month, the company has started rolling out the offer to its subscribers.
Airtel is offering free Netflix access on postpaid plans priced Rs. 499 and above. Moreover, Airtel also offers Amazon Prime Video and Hotstar subscriptions as part of its promotional schemes. Now, Airtel postpaid users on the plans priced Rs. 499, Rs. 649, Rs. 799, Rs. 1,199, Rs. 1,599, Rs. 1,999, and Rs. 2,999 will get free access to Netflix for free 3-months.
How to avail free Netflix access
Airtel users can avail free Netflix access via the MyAirtel app by tapping on the Airtel Thanks banner with just a few steps.
- Go to the MyAirtel app and tap on the Airtel Thanks banner on the homepage.
- Now, you will see Netflix gift worth Rs 1,500 under ‘Your Benefits’.
- Tap on ‘Claim’ button next to the offer to get free three months Netflix subscription.
- Once you click on it, you can log in to your Netflix account or create a new account.
- If you already have a Netflix account, you can simply enter your existing login ID and password.
- New users will be enrolled for three months while existing users will get Rs 1,500 credit in their Netflix account and it will be deducted over a period of three months.
This is how you will be able to get free Netflix subscription of the basic plan for a period of 3 months. You need not provide a credit card or any other payment information to use the streaming service. However, there will be a number of active screens and you can use only one. Also, the entire content will be available only in Standard Definition, and not in HD.