These days our whole country is battling with the coronavirus pandemic. To fight this situation, we need some funds part from the government reliefs and in such a scenario, PM Modi has announced a PM CARES relief fund to battle the COVID-19 pandemic in India. Dubbed as Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund, it will be used for fighting against COVID-19 and similar situations in the future.
The Prime Minister is the chairman of this PM Cares Fund and apart from that the Home Minister, the Finance Minister, and the Defence Minister are members of it. PM Modi has urged the citizens to contribute to this fund whatever they can to help the government.
People from all walks of life expressed their desire to donate to India’s war against COVID-19.
Respecting that spirit, the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund has been constituted. This will go a long way in creating a healthier India.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 28, 2020
If you too want to contribute to the PM Cares fund, you should know the following ways to make payment easily.
How to Donate to PM Cares Fund
- Visit the pmindia.gov.in website.
2. Here find “CLICK HERE FOR DONATION DETAILS”.
3. Now, a QR code will appear on your screen and you can pay by scanning this code using UPI apps like BHIM, Paytm, GooglePay and more.
You can also pay through the online SBI website if you do not use any UPI wallet. These are the steps:
1. First, click on “CLICK HERE FOR DONATION DETAILS”
2. Now, click on “CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE DONATION”
3. It will redirect you to SBI’s website where after accepting the terms click on “Proceed”
4. Select “Donation” and fill your information and click Submit
5. Now, make the payment.
The modes of payments accepted by the website are –
- Debit Cards and Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- UPI (BHIM, PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm, Mobikwik, etc.)
Mobile or Net Banking
Apart from the above two methods, you can also use mobile or net banking to donate, Below are the details:
- Name of the Account: PM CARES
- Account Number: 2121PM20202
- IFSC Code: SBIN0000691
- SWIFT Code: SBININBB104
- Name of Bank & Branch: State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch
- UPI ID: [email protected]
Please make sure you make payment to the right account or UPI ID as there are some fake UPI Ids being circulated. The donation to PM Cares fund will be exempted from income tax.