YouTube has recently decreased the video streaming quality to 480p max in the YouTube smartphone app. YouTube has done this to reduce the server loads because of this emergency lockdown all over India because of COVID 19 outbreak. This is better to keep the servers running for longer during the lockdown.
But there are some tricks which let you stream any video in the highest quality possible on your smartphone. You can use this trick on any smartphone whether its iOS or Android.
Using YouTube Desktop website
This video quality restriction has not been applied to the desktop site so you can watch videos in the highest quality possible.
- Install any mobile browser on our smartphone or use Google Chrome.
- Lunch the browser and navigate to www.youtube.com, this will navigate you to YouTube’s mobile site.
- Tap settings > Desktop Site, this will open the desktop website on your phone.
- Play any video from search and tap on the Settings button and select the quality from the popup.
- Now you can play videos in the highest quality possible.
Use a third-party app: Video Tube
You can download a third-party app to watch YouTube videos and these apps can play videos of the highest quality. There are a bunch of apps in Google Play Store which you can use to watch YouTube videos but almost all of them show pop up ads. We found ane app called Video Tube.
This app lets you play videos in high definition with a lot of features built right in so you can watch videos better. The app is free to download and comes with a really awesome feature of playing video background. You can play videos in a pop-up player so you can multitask on your phone while watching your favourite video.
These were the two tricks that let you play YouTube videos in high definition while in lockdown. Google might get to know about these tricks and suppress them so no one can watch videos in full quality during this lockdown period."How to Watch YouTube Videos in HD on Your Phone During Lockdown in India",