If you use to have dual or been triple monitor setup at your workplace for all your tasks but now you are sitting in your home with just your laptop. Well, there is a way you can use your Android smartphone as an external monitor for your desktop or laptop. This app is called Spacedesk and here is a little guide on how to use it.
Using the Spacedesk app to extend your desktop to your smartphone is as easy as a pie. No need to connect wires or writing IP addresses and passwords to connect. You just need to be on the same WiFi connection and it works perfectly.
To get the best performance out of it, make sure that you use an Android tablet if handy, then your smartphone. Also, make sure to connect your PC and Android smartphone to connect to a faster 5G band so you won’t see latency in your secondary display.
Steps to use Android as an extended screen for PC
- Download the Spacedesk app on your Android smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Download and install the Spacedesk server on your PC from the official website.
- Make sure both, the Android smartphone and the PC are connected to the same WiFi.
- Launch the Spacedesk app on the smartphone and the Spacedesk server on the PC.
- he Spacedesk app on the smartphone will detect your PC, tap on the Connection link.
- The PC will be connected to the smartphone in no time and the desktop will extend automatically to the smartphone screen.
- Now you can use your phone as an extended display for your desktop.
Spacedesk is a free and pretty amazing app for your Android smartphone and you can do a lot using it. To get the best performance out of it, make sure you use a faster WiFi connection.