Amid the wave of anti-China views across the country, boycotting Chinese items has become a trend. So, mobile apps are no exception in this. People have been uninstalling Chinese apps from their phones in order to support the movement.
A few days ago we reported that an app named Remove China Apps gained popularity in India. Just after its launch on Google Play Store, lakhs of users installed this app. The Remove China Apps works by scanning phones for any Chinese apps and gives the option to delete them.
However, the app was soon removed from the Play Store because it was violating some of the policies of Google Play Store. You can still install its APK file, but we won’t advise you to do so. You can uninstall any app on your phone without the need for an app.
However, if you do not know which of the installed apps on your phone are Chinese, here’s a list of some top Chinese apps in India.
List of Top Chinese Apps in India
- TikTok – The app has already faced a lot of controversies in India recently and everyone who uses it might know that it is a Chinese app. This app was made by a Chinese developer Bytedance and it has over 1 billion+ downloads on PlayStore.
- Helo – Helo app comes pre-installed on a lot of phones. This is also developed by Bytedance and has 100 million+ downloads on Google Play Store.
- VMate – VMate is another short video sharing platform, just like TikTok. It also has more than 100 million downloads.
- UVideo – Uvideo is a video status service that allows users to download videos to use as WhatsApp status or Facebook stories. It also has 50 million+ downloads.
- Vigo Video – This is another short video sharing platform with 100 million+ downloads.
- MV Master– This is a video editor app developed by KWAI.XYZ Studio, who also developed UVideo. It also has 50 million+ downloads.
- AppLock – This one is for locking apps and has 50 million+ downloads.
- Club Factory – It is one of the top apps in the shopping section in India. The e-commerce app has 100 million+ downloads.
- SHEIN – Another shopping app with 100 million+ downloads.
- SHAREit – It is one of the most popular media-sharing apps in India. The app is developed in China and has over 1 billion downloads.
- Xender – Xender is another file-sharing app similar to ShareIt. It has 100 million+ downloads.
- CamScanner – CamScanner is one such popular app that most Indians use for scanning documents on their phone. It also has 100 million+ downloads.
- BeautyPlus – BeautyPlus, a photo editor app with filters for selfies. It also has 100 million+ downloads.
- UCBrowser – UCBrowser is one of the most used browsers on Android (100 million+ downloads). This China-born app also has faced controversies earlier.
- PUBG Mobile – PUBG Mobile is developed by Tencent Games, a China-based company. It has been one of the most popular mobile games in India in recent times.
Apart from these, there are many other Chinese apps available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. You can check the developer name and by Googling it you may find out if the app is of Chinese origin or not."List of Top Chinese Apps On Indian Phones 2020 #Boycott China Apps",