There are some situations where you want to record a video but without looking suspicious like when you want to prank your colleagues or friends. There is an app that lets you do that for free. This app is called iRecorder and it is a free app available on Google Play Store to help you in this situation.
The iRecorder app lets you record the videos from your front or rear camera without opening the Camera app. This app lets you record videos without opening your camera app or showing the viewfinder. This app also has a scheduling feature that lets you start video recording without the touch of a button.
Steps to record videos without opening the camera
- Open Google Play Store and search for the iRecorder app and install it on your phone.
- Once installed, you will see two icons for the same app on your phone.
- The app is a shortcut for direct start a video recording without even a prompt.
- Another shortcut is to tweak the settings of the app, you even get to change the icon to anyone from the available icons.
- You can also add direct record shortcuts for rear camera recording and front camera recording as well.
Quick Video Recorder
This app does the same thing as the iRecorder app with a few different features which you might like. You can enable disable night mode, recording sounds and you can even trim videos after recording them. You can change the location of the recorded videos in the internal storage or your microSD card.
Secret Video Recorder
This app is a little different, this app looks like a video recorder but you are actually recording videos. This app shows a video playing on your smartphone screen but actually it is recording video in the background using the front camera. The recordings are encrypted so you don’t have to worry about them, you can only access them with a password.
This app lets you record videos without anyone knowing that you are recording videos from your smartphone’s camera. This app lets you schedule video recording so it records video automatically when you want it to record.