Do you want to stop your WiFi to turn-on automatically on your android phone? Androids recent versions picked up a feature that Google slide in secretly in the Wifi settings. The Wifi settings in Android got evolved much lately but some features are not just for us. Have you ever noticed that your Android smartphone’s Wifi turns on automatically after some time once you turn it off?
This is a feature from Google which automatically turns on the WiFi even if you turn it off manually. This feature was supposed to be helpful but it is not that helpful to all of us. Here we have a step by step guide to tell you how you can turn this feature off so it won’t turn on your Wifi automatically again.
Steps to Stop Wifi to turn on automatically on Android
- Unlock your smartphone and go into the Settings.
- Now tap the Network and Internet settings and then go to Wifi.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi preferences features from the bottom of the page.
- In the Wi-Fi preferences page, you will see the Turn on Wi-Fi automatically toggle on the top of the page.
- Turn that feature off and it won’t turn on the Wi-Fi again on its own.
While you are on that page, you might as well turn off the Connect to open network toggle. Connecting to the unknown open is a risk for your privacy so make sure you do not connect to unknown open networks.
This is how you can stop wifi to turn on automatically on your Android smartphone. This feature is only available in the recent Android version and may not be available in previous versions.