Google recently put its Phone app on the Play Store to expand its device support. Previously it was available to the Pixel devices only but Google is now making it available to other devices too. But the story is different now, Google made the app available to almost every Android smartphone, of course, the Android version may be a prerequisite for this.
For some reason, this app won’t pop up on the in-app search on Play Store. But there is a little trick which you can use to install this app on your Android smartphone if you want.
Install Google Phone app on any Android Smartphone
- Open Google Chrome or any other browser on your phone.
- Search for Google Phone app in Google and look for the Google Play Store link in results.
- Open that link and you will see a mobile web page of Play Store.
- You will see an “Open In Play Store” button at the bottom of the page.
- Tap that button and you will be redirected to the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- From here you can install it on your phone.
If the app is not supported on your phone then you will see an unsupported error and you won’t be able to install it.
This is how you can install the Phone app on your Android smartphone. There are still some smartphone brands that do not support this app. In that case, you can try to sideload the APK on your smartphone.