Apple made the new iPad Air 8th gen with the Apple Watch SE and Watch Series 6 official last night. Apple also announced a new operating system update to almost every Apple device. We got the new updates for iPhones, iPods, Watch, and even the TV. The iPhone users will finally get the iOS 14 update which was in the beta for quite a time.
There is also an iPad OS 14 update for all the supported iPads and the Apple Watch users will get the WatchOS 7 update. Her we have a little step by step guide to tell you how you can install all these updates in your supported devices.
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- The update package is going to be a couple of gigabytes so make sure you are connected to an unlimited and fast Wifi network.
- Your device should be charged at least 40 percent to get through the update process.
Steps to Update to the iOS 14 and iPadOS 14
The iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 has been released last night and will be available worldwide. Even the users in India will be able to get this update on their supported Apple devices. So here is a simple guide to update your devices to the latest version.
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and go to the Settings menu.
- Go to General then tap on the Software update option.
- You will see a new update there, you can start the update to download.
- It will prompt you to restart to finalize installing the update.
- Your device will reboot automatically and the new update will get installed.
Steps to Update to watchOS 7
You will see a new notification on your Apple watch to download and install but you also need your iPhone to install the update.
- When you see the update prompt on your Apple Watch, tap on Update Tonight in the notification.
- Unlock your iPhone now and open the Apple Watch app.
- Go to the My Watch > General and tap on Software update.
This is how you can install iOS 14 update on your supported devices. You can also update all the other devices to the latest versions of the OS update released by Apple last night. For more iPhone tips and tricks, you can follow us on social media pages to stay updated.