If you’re using a shared account on Netflix, others can easily see what you watch on the platform. Given the wide variety of shows we watch, it could be embarrassing to share watch history with other people, be it your friends or family. Hence, it’s always better to hide your Netflix watch history. Below is a detailed guide on how you can hide what you watched on Netflix from others.
Hide What You Watched On Netflix From Others
All the shows you watch on Netflix appear in the recently watched section. The same is visible to anyone having your account- all they need to do is open your profile. So, if you have shared your account with friends or family, they can easily check what you’ve watched on the platform.
If you want to keep your watch history private or stream on someone else’s account without being detected, you can hide the shows from history.
Steps to Hide Netflix Watch History
- Open your browser and head to Netflix web.
- Login with your account if not already.
- Now, click your profile icon at the top right and select Your Account.
- Scroll down and click the down-facing arrow next to your profile.
- Next, tap on Viewing Activity.
- Here, you’ll see the list of all movies and TV shows you’ve watched or opened on your profile.
- Tap the circle with a line next to the episode or title you want to hide from your Netflix watch history.
- You can also click Hide All to hide all the titles in one go.
That’s it. The show or movie will be instantly removed from your watch history and will no longer appear in the recently watched section.
You can also clear your Netflix watch history on the phone. Just open the Netflix website in desktop mode and follow the steps given above.
We hope you now know how to hide your Netflix watch history from other people using your account. You can now watch any show you want without the fear of embarrassment- just remember to hide it from your viewing activity. Have any other doubts or queries? Feel free to reach out through the comments below.