There can be many reasons why you should log out of your google account from your Android phone. For example, if you changing your Android smartphone or you lost it, unfortunately, you must want to log out of your Google Account from that smartphone. Here we have a simple step-by-step guide to do that from your phone as well as remotely in case you don’t have the phone. Read on to know the ways to log out of your Google account from your Android phone.
Also, read | How to Remove Trusted Devices from Google Account
Ways to Log Out Google Account From Phone
As mentioned, there are two ways to do that- via smartphone settings and via Google dashboard on the browser. Let’s check out the steps for both ways.
1. From the Smartphone Settings
Logging out of your Google Account from your smartphone is pretty simple and quick. You can do that from the settings menu, just follow the steps listed below.
- Open the Settings app from the app drawer.
- Go to Accounts and select our Google Account which you want to logout.
- Tap the Remove account button here to finally log out of your Google Account.
2. From the Google Dashboard: Remotely
If you lost your phone and want to log out of your Google account remotely, you can do that using the Google dashboard. For this, you need a laptop with an internet connection and your Google account credentials.
- Open a browser and go to myaccount.google.com.
- Now put in your credentials for the Google account and login.
- Go to the Security tab and look for Your devices section click on Manage devices.
- Click on the three dots menu on the desired device and select Signout.
- Confirm the selection and the account will be logout of that particular device.
This is how you can sign out of your Google Account without access to your devices. You can also do that using another smartphone just open the Gogel dashboard in the desktop mode of that phone.