Voice Assistants have become very common these days, major tech brands like Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon have their own Voice Assistants in the name of Cortana, Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa. In fact, nowadays even smartphone brands like Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo, also have their own voice assistants (In China only as of now). But when it comes to practical usability then only these 3 names come to the top of the chart:
- Alexa – The most refined Assistant for Smart IoT devices
- Siri – Apple’s own assistant for IoT and search but not as refined as Alexa
- Google Assistant – The best assistant for search queries just like Google Search.
Have you ever thought, what if you could use Google Assistant on Chrome for Android? if I’m not wrong it might be the most powerful combo for any search queries. Even though the feature is not publicly available in Chrome, but you can use a trick to enable this hidden Google Assistant on Chrome for Android.
Also, Read | How to Use Google Assistant Shortcuts On Android
Enable Google Assistant in Chrome for Android
In order to enable Google Assistant in Chrome for Android, you need to follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome on your Android Phone.
- Search Chrome://flags, to open hidden flags of Chrome.
- Type Omnibox Assistant in the search bar, and click on this Default Button.
- Here you need to change it from Default to Enabled, or you can even choose the mic color and set it to grey or colorful mic.
- Now Chrome will ask to Relaunch the App, click on Relaunch.
- Now, whenever you do a search on chrome, you can see the mic assistant mic icon.
Note: You need to allow the mic permission to Chrome, in order to use the Assistant. If you don’t find the flag, then you need to update Google Chrome on your phone from Google Play Store.
So this is how you can enable Google Assistant in Chrome for Android, as it is currently under testing and not officially rolled out, this is not available on iOS. Do let us know in the comments down below, how do you like this new feature on Google Chrome?
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.