We all need to take screenshots at some point in our day-to-day lives as these are the best way to save things on our phones. We all know various ways to take screenshots on Android phones, but sometimes some apps won’t let you take screenshots for some reason in such a case it is impossible to save things. So, here I am going to tell you how you can bypass that restriction and take a screenshot if the app doesn’t allow it.
Ways to Take Screenshot If App Doesn’t Allow
There are two or three ways but one of them requires root. So we are telling only those ways that do not require rooting your Android phone. Read on to know more.
1. Using Google Assistant
1. Open Google Assistant and then tap the Explore icon in the bottom right.
2. Now, tap on your profile picture in the top right corner, and scroll down until General.
3. Choose Use screen context and then enable the toggle for Use screenshot.
Now you can take a screenshot on that app.
1. Open the app that doesn’t allow screenshot.
2. Now, tap and hold the Home button or swipe up from the lower left or right corner to launch Google Assistant.
3. Tap on What’s on my screen? and if it does not display you can type it or say it.
4. After that, tap the Share screenshot button.
That’s it, the screenshot will be captured and you can share it with other apps. however, the result from this method is either blacked out or totally distorted. So we move to the next trick.
2. Using Scrcpy Tool
You can use some PC software that can record your phone’s screen. Here I am going to use Scrcpy that can mirror and record your Android device’s screen and the best part is that you don’t even need root access. However, this method does not work on streaming apps.
First of all, you can get the software for Linux, macOS, and Windows from GitHub.
1. Now, set up ADB on your PC and connect your Android phone. Run adb command to check if your PC recognizes your device.
2. After that, open the Scrcpy ZIP file on your computer at any location.
3. Open the extracted scrcpy folder and double-click on scrcpy.exe file.
4. It will start mirroring your Android screen on your PC.
5. Now, open that apps on your phone and take a screenshot of the app on your Windows PC using Shift Ctrl S and on macOS or Linux, you can use built-in shortcuts.
So this is how you can take a screenshot of the app using screen recording tool on your PC. This methods is foolproof but doesn’t work with all apps. So you will have to use the rooting method if you want to take screenshots on all apps.
These were the ways to take screenshots on apps that don’t allow. Tell us in the comments if you were able to use any of these methods. For more such tips, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.