Being a Twitter user you must have seen two different ways people retweet (reshare), the videos uploaded by someone else on Twitter. Yes, in case you haven’t seen them, Twitter allows you to retweet a video originally uploaded by someone else in two different ways. One is the traditional way by simply pressing the retweet button, and add a text of your own, like this.
The second way of sharing a video looks way more cleaner as the original uploader gets credit, along with capturing less screen estate. Today I’ll be sharing how you can do it.
2 Ways to Share Someone’s video Without Retweeting
There are two ways to share a video originally posted by someone on Twitter, today I’ll be sharing the steps for both ways.
Steps to Share Twitter Video without Retweeting
- Go the tweet with the video you want to share
- Click on the Share link on the tweet
- Copy the link to the tweet
- Click on Create a new tweet
- Paste and edit the link, replace this part of the link: ‘?s=20’ with ‘/video/1’. Then, the tweet is ready to be posted.
- The tweet will give clickable credit to the original poster of the video.
Share the Video Without Crediting the original Poster
If you don’t want to credit the original poster of the video to appear under your tweet, then there’s only one way to do so, i.e. download and upload the video from your own account.
- Copy the link to tweet with the video you want to share
- Paste the link on third party websites that allows downloading twitter videos
- Download the video to your local storage
- Create a new tweet and attach the video file to your tweet, and post the tweet.
Some third-party websites that allow saving Twitter videos are:
So this is how you can share a Twitter video without retweeting it. Both these ways work on every platform, i.e Twitter web, Twitter for Android, Twitter for iPhone. You can choose any of the methods you like more. If you ask me I liked the first method i.e. giving credit to the original poster under the video. Which method do you like more and why do let me know in the comments down below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.