Picture in Picture mode is a special type of multi-window mode which is used for video playback. Using this mode, you can have your favorite video from say YouTube or Netflix, playing on top of all the other open windows in the system. Hence you can keep an eye on the other important things while you watch your favorite video. In this article, you will learn to use Picture-in-Picture mode to watch videos on Windows PC. Additionally, you can also learn to stop autoplay videos in your browser.
Use Picture-in-Picture Mode to Watch Videos on Windows
Picture-in-Picture Mode using Windows Video Player
Microsoft Windows by default provides the feature of picture-in-picture video playback using its Movies & TV application. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Navigate to the media file that you want to run in this special mode.
- Right-click and expand the Open With option from the list.
- Choose Movies & Tv app.
- Click on the Play in Mini View Button.
- That's it! Your video playback will start in your desired mode.
- To exit this mode, click on the cross button in the top right corner of the mini view.
Use Google's Picture-in-Picture Extension for Google Chrome
Google offers its own Picture-in-Picture extension for video playback inside the Google Chrome browser. With the help of this extension, you can easily play videos in this mode from video playback sites such as YouTube, Netflix, and many more. Follow these easy steps to achieve the same.
- Open Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Picture-in-Picture Extension by Google.
- Click on Add to Chrome Button to install this extension to your web browser.
- Open any video playback website such as YouTube, Netflix etc.
- Click on the Picture-in-Picture extension present in the extension button to the right of the address bar.
- To close this mode, click on the cross button in the top right corner of the mini screen to end it.
Picture-in-Picture Mode using Mozilla Firefox
If you are accessing the internet via other web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, you can use its in-built features to activate this special mode for video playback. Follow these easy steps to do the same.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and navigate to a video playback site such as YouTube.
- Play your favorite video and click on the Mini Player Option.
- Find and click on the floating picture-in-picture button on the mini screen to launch this mode.
- That's it! you've successfully enabled this mode for your video playback.
- To close it, click on the cross button in the top right corner of the mini screen.
Bonus: Watch any YouTube Video in Picture-in-Picture Mode
You can play any YouTube video directly in picture in picture mode using this simple trick.
- Open any video in your browser on YouTube.
- Right click on the video to show options.
- Right click again on the same video to generate a different list of options.
- Click on Watch Picture-in-Picture to play the video in picture-in-picture mode.
In this article, you have learned how to use picture-in-picture mode to watch videos on Windows PC. If you loved to try out this new feature, then hit the Like button and share this among your friends. As always, stay tuned for more awesome how-tos like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.