Instagram offers the ability to post stories that disappear after 24 hours. This automatic disappearance can sometimes create problems as all the hard work fades away after the time limit. In this article, you will learn ways to download or save Instagram Stories on your Android phone. Additionally, you can also learn to download reels with sound.
How to Download Instagram Stories on Phone
Save your Instagram Story in the App
Instagram offers you the ability to save your own stories inside the app. Follow these easy steps to save your Instagram Story.
1. Open Instagram and tap on the Your Story button in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Tap on More in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. To save your own story, tap on Save Photo/Save Video to save and download it to your device.
Archive all your Instagram Stories to watch later
If you wish to know about your past Instagram stories that you’ve posted in your profile, you need to turn on the Archive feature provided by Instagram. With the help of this feature, you can view all your Instagram stories through the app. Follow these easy steps to turn on this feature.
1. Open Instagram on your device and tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the app screen.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, tap on the three-bar icon and choose Settings.
3. Open Privacy and tap on Story.
4. Scroll down to locate the Savings section and turn on the toggle for Save story to Archive.
5. You can also turn on Save story to Gallery to automatically save the story to your device when you post it to Instagram.
6. To see all of your archived Instagram Stories, tap on the + icon under Story Highlights to view it.
Use Instagram Highlights to Save your Instagram Stories
Instagram introduced the feature of Highlights to directly showcase your favorite Story in your Instagram Profile. You can create as many Highlights as you wish which appear below your profile bio as small round icons. In this way, you or your friends can instantly view and relive any story that you’ve highlighted before. Follow these simple steps to create your own Instagram Highlight.
1. Open Instagram and tap on Your Story in the top left corner of the screen app.
2. Tap on the Highlight button next to the share to button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Provide a new name to your highlight or choose a previously created highlight name.
4. Tap on Add button to create it.
5. Navigate to your Profile and you can see that your story has been saved as an Instagram Highlight under your profile bio.
6. Tap on this highlight to re-watch the story.
Download any Instagram Story using Online Tool
If you wish to download the Instagram Story of other users, you can conveniently achieve it with the help of certain online tools. Please note that you can only download the story of Public Instagram Users. This method will not work on private profiles. Follow these steps to do the same.
1. Open any browser and access the Savefrom website.
2. Type the Instagram username in the search bar and tap on the Green arrow icon.
3. Wait for a few seconds and you can view all the Instagram stories and highlights from the account.
4. Tap on the Download Video button to download the story to your device.
Bonus: View any Instagram Profile Picture Online
Instagram displays the user’s profile picture as a very small round icon in the profile which by default can’t be enlarged. As a bonus, we want to share an awesome Instagram trick to view any Instagram user’s profile picture on full screen irrespective of the Public/Private Instagram Profile.
1. Note down/Copy the username of the Instagram profile whose profile picture you wish to see.
2. Open your browser and navigate to the InstaDP website. You can also open it in a web browser on your PC.
3. Paste your copied username here and click on the Search icon.
4. Click on the Continue button to navigate to the next page.
5. This website will open the desired profile. Tap on the Full-size button to view the profile picture in full size.
6. You can now view the profile picture in full size.
Take a Screenshot of the Instagram Story (User gets Notified)
The simplest way to save or download an Instagram story to your device is to take its screenshot or record it using the video recorder BUT, in both these methods, the user who posted the story will get notified about the screenshot taken by you.
In this article, you have learned about 5 ways to download or save Instagram Stories on your Android phone. If this article has helped you in achieving the same, then hit the Like button and share this among your friends to help them in using Instagram. As always, stay tuned for more informative articles.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.