The Government of India has passed the Election Laws (Amendment) Bill 2021 on Monday, December 20, 2021. With this new law, now Indian citizens will need to link their Voter ID cards to Aadhaar cards. In this tutorial, I will take you through the easy steps to link your voter ID card to your Aadhaar card online.
Ways to Link Your Voter ID Card to Aadhaar Card
You can link your Aadhaar card to your voter ID card in three ways. One is the NVSP (National voter service portal), the other is sending SMS or making a phone call, and the third is by visiting the nearby booth level officer.
Through NVSP Website
Here we are elaborating on how you can link these documents online through the NVSP portal:
1. Go to the NVSP website on your PC.
2. Login here using your mobile number or email id and password. If you don’t have an account on NVSP, you can also register.
3. After login, click on “Search on Electoral Roll” and enter your state, district, constituency, and personal details including name and father’s name.
Alternatively, you can also search with your voter ID number.
4. Now enter the captcha and click on the search button. Your voter ID details will be displayed on the screen. Click on “All details”.
5. On the next page, click on the ‘Feed Aadhaar No’ option on the right side of the screen.
6. A pop-up will open and you can fill in the name same as on the Aadhaar card, Aadhaar number, voter ID number, and registered mobile number.
7. After filling in these details, click on the submit button.
That’s all. You will see a message on the screen that your application to link Aadhaar and Voter ID is registered successfully.
Through Sending SMS
You can also link your Voter ID card to your Aadhaar card by sending an SMS through your registered number. Write the SMS in the following format:
ECILINK<SPACE>Voter ID no.<SPACE>Aadhaar Card No and send it to 166 OR 51969.
Through Phone Call
You can also link the voter ID card with Aadhaar by calling the dedicated number set up by the government. You can call 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm and tell your voter ID and Aadhaar card information to complete the linking.
Through Booth Level Officers
Lastly, your Aadhaar card and voter ID card can also be linked offline. You can do so by submitting an application to your respective Booth Level Officer (BLO).
Alternatively, Aadhaar e-Seva centers, as well as Voter Facilitation Centres, will also conduct a survey to collect this data that can be used to link Aadhaar and voter ID. You can contact your local voter office for further details on these surveys.
Check Status of Aadhaar Voter ID Linking
Once you submit the application to link your voter ID and Aadhaar card, you can check its status online again on the NVSP website. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the NVSP website.
2. Click on “Track Application Status”.
3. On the next page, enter your reference ID that will be sent to your phone number and click on “Track Status”.
4. After entering, you will see a notification that the registered request is being processed.
5. If it is successful, you can also go to the official UIDAI website to verify whether your Aadhaar card is linked with a voter ID.
These were the ways using which you can link your Voter ID card to your Aadhaar card without any hassle. If you face any trouble linking these two, let us know in the comments below!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.