The drafts feature makes working and editing on your Instagram reels just a bit less stressful as you can save them and work on them later when the creativity hits you. But there are times when you forget to save your reels properly or accidentally close the app and can’t find them anymore. Worry not, your drafted reels can still be salvaged and we will be showing you 4 ways how to recover your Instagram reel drafts.
Also, read | 5 Best Ways to Repost Reels and Stories on Instagram
How to Save Reels as Drafts?
Before moving on to ways to recover your reel drafts, you must learn how to properly save them so you don’t make the mistake of accidentally losing them.
- Once you have shot your reel, go to the Preview button.
- Tap on the Next button on the bottom right side.
- On the next page, you can find the Save draft option below the Next button.
This will save your reel as a draft so you can access it later. It is saved under the gallery section. To access it:
- Swipe left from the home page.
- Tap on the Reel option.
- Then go to your Gallery.
- There will be a new Drafts option next to the Gallary. Tap on it and you will be able to find all your saved reels.
- You can also find them on your account page under the reels section.
Now that we know how to save reels as drafts and how to access them later, let us check out how to recover your reel drafts in case you are not able to find them in the drafts section.
Ways to Recover Disappeared Reel Drafts on Instagram
Instagram has added a few features to help you recover your posts or reels if you accidentally delete them or did not save them properly. And we will take you through step by step process to find them. So without any further delay, let us look at ways to recover disappeared reel drafts.
Search your Recently Deleted Folder
Instagram added an option called “Recently Deleted” where your deleted items are stored for a month before they are permanently deleted. If you somehow did not save your reel before quitting the app or accidentally deleted it then chances are you will find them in the Recently deleted folder. Here’s how to find it:
- Open your Account page on Instagram and tap on the three horizontal lines on the top right corner.
- Select Your Activity option.
- Here scroll down and you will be able to find the Recently Deleted folder.
Did you find your lost reel? If the answer is yes then let us move ahead and restore it. To restore your drafted reel follow these steps:
- Select the Reel you want to restore.
- Press the three dots at the bottom right corner.
- Now tap on Restore.
This will restore your deleted reel to the drafts section and you can continue working on it.
Check the Reels Upload Screen
You might be editing your reel to make it top-notch when your phone’s battery died or you got a call and did not get the time to save your reel. Chances are it still might be available on the upload screen and saved all your progress. Here’s how you can check it:
- Swipe Left from the Instagram home page to open up the Upload screen.
- Tap on the Reels option at the bottom of the camera shutter.
- If a popup message is displayed saying, “Continue editing your video” then your reel was saved.
- Press Continue exactly where you left off.
Just to make sure it does not happen again, save your reel draft before working on it.
Update your Instagram App
If you think you properly saved your draft and still cannot find it anywhere then this could be a bug. Instagram users have often complained about their reels and posts disappearing which is fixed by updating the app itself.
- Head over to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to check for updates.
- If you see an Update option for the Instagram app then tap on it to update the app.
- Once updated, check your reel drafts again to see if they are visible now.
Hopefully, you can find your reel drafts after updating the app. If not then they might have been deleted.
Q. How long are reel drafts saved for?
Your Reels will be saved in the Drafts folder for 24 hours so if you do not access them within a day then they will be deleted.
Q. Where can I access my reel drafts?
Reels drafts are located under the Gallary section. Just swipe left from the home page on Instagram and tap on the Reels option. From here go to the gallery and there will be a drafts option present next to it.
Q. Can you recover reel drafts after logging out of your account?
No, once you uninstall Instagram or log out of it your drafts will be deleted forever and cannot be recovered unless you publish them before logging out.
Wrapping Up: Recover Reel Drafts
Creating a reel takes a lot of effort, time, and creativity so you don’t want to lose that one reel you worked hard on. This was our list of 3 ways you can recover your reel drafts if you are not able to find them. Hopefully one of them helped you out finding your lost reel. If so then do let us know and also mention if there is any other method we missed out on.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.