Some users just prefer to watch YouTube videos on a bigger screen, like a tablet, or Smart Tv. But we don’t always have a tablet or a smart tv around us, in such a case your laptop, PC, or mac can also be used as a casting screen for your phone. Today I’ll be sharing multiple ways to cast a Youtube video from phone to PC.
Ways to Cast a YouTube Video from Phone to PC
Cast YouTube Video Using Phone Link
If you are a Windows user, then there’s a Phone Link app, baked right into windows. This app lets you mirror your phone features, like calls, notifications, apps, and more, to your Windows PC. Here’s how to do it.
1. Download Link to Windows App on Your Android Phone.
2. Click on Link your Phone and PC
3. Launch Phone Link app on your Windows PC, and scan the QR Code from your Phone.
4. Once both your phone and PC are connected, you need to share the YouTube video on your phone to Phone Link app and select your Windows PC.
5. Now the YouTube video will be opened in a new browser tab on your Windows PC.
Cast YouTube Video on a Windows/Mac (Android/iPhone)
Another way to cast a YouTube video to your Windows or Mac computer, from your Android or iPhone, is using AirDroid. Here’s how to do it.
1. Download the AirDroid Cast app on your Windows or Mac computer, and phone.
Note: If you don’t want to pay for AirDroid Premium, then you can use AirDroid Web, which will just mirror your phone’s screen, but the audio will play on your phone only (you can always use a Bluetooth headset or earphones to make it a little more comfortable).
Cast Videos Using Browser Cast Extension
This method works on any platform (Windows/Mac/Chrome OS), and both Android and iOS, as it requires a Google Chrome Extension. The best part is you get the media controls on your phone, for easy access. Here’s how to use it.
1. Add Browser Cast Extension to your computer’s Chrome browser.
3. Go to Browser Cast’s Web remote link on your phone’s browser.
4. Either connect with your Google Account or just scan the QR code on your computer with your phone.
5. Paste the link to the YouTube Video on the Web remote page, on your phone.
Note: This works for non-YouTube links as well, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other videos.
This is how you can use your Windows PC or Mac as a screen to cast a YouTube video from your phone. Now, you need to watch videos on your phone, when there’s no tablet or smart tv around you. You can binge-watch something with your friends or family, on a bigger screen of your Windows or Mac PC. Stay tuned for more such tech tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.