Netflix has brought in a new feature, called “Profile Transfer” which can migrate the data from your profile from your current account into a new Netflix account. However, if you are wishing to turn off the “Profile Transfer” feature on Netflix, here in this guide we will guide you to do the same. Meanwhile, you can also refer to our article on how to remove Other Users From Your Netflix Account.
Netflix recently announced that sharing passwords with people outside your household will now be monetized. This means that you’ll likely have to pay an extra fee if you’re sharing your Netflix password with other profiles or friends.
Turn off Profile Transfer on Netflix
So if you have previously used the Profile Transfer feature, to migrate your data like search history, watch history, and recommendations. to a new account. But now for some reason don’t want to continue with that data, or don’t want to share data from your account, you need to turn off profile transfers on Netflix. Let’s discuss how it can be done.
Turn off Profile Share from Account Settings
In order to turn off Profile Transfer on your Netflix account, you need to follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Netflix account on a web browser.
2. Click on your Account from the Netflix Homepage.
3. Now, scroll down and click the Turn off Profile Transfers option.
4. On the next screen, click Turn Off Profile Transfers to confirm.
5. Now, you will get a confirmation that your Profile Transfer has been disabled, and users will not be able to transfer their profiles into new accounts.
Change Your Password
To further protect your account data, if you do not wish to go through the hassle of disabling profile transfers. You can simply change your account password to prevent other users from logging in. You can follow our article to change your Netflix password.
Delete The Profile
If you have multiple profiles created on Netlfix, you can easily delete the profile so that it is permanently removed from your account to prevent users from transferring their profiles. You can read our article on how to remove Others from Accessing your Netflix Account.
Wrapping Up: Protect Your Netflix Account Profile
In this read, we discussed how you can turn off Profile Transfer on Netflix, and stop anyone from migrating the data out of your Netflix account. If you found this guide helpful, like and share it with your friends. Check out other useful tech tips and tricks linked below, and stay tuned for more such tips and tricks.
- 3 Ways To Remove Others from Accessing your Netflix Account.
- 3 Ways to Remove Other Users From Your Netflix Account
- How To Delete Watch History in Prime Video, Netflix, Zee5, Hotstar Etc
- 3 Ways to Block Certain Shows and Movies on Netflix Using PC, Mobile
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.