Google introduced Cough and Snore detection with their Pixel 7 series across different global regions, where the data is stored on the device. The feature works only with the Bedtime mode turned on in the Digital Wellbeing app. To get cough and snore detection on any Android phone, we have compiled some apps you can use on your Android phone.
How to Get Cough and Snore Detection on Any Android Phone
Generally, with every new feature on Android, it gets first released on Pixel devices. The cough and snore detection feature also made its way to Pixel devices first. But for those with phones other than Pixel, we have tried out some of the best apps to use the cough and snore detection on Android. Read on to know more about them.
Hyfe Cough Tracker app
The first app you can use to get Cough detection on your phone is the Hyfe Cough app. Follow the steps, to learn how to use this app.
1. Download and open the Hyfe Cough Tracker from Play Store.
2. Click on Get Started and Sign up with your email account.
3. Now, allow the microphone permission when asked to let the phone analyze your cough pattern.
4. Now, whenever you will cough, the phone will record and generate a graph of it.
Snore and Cough: Detect and re app
The next app on the list is Snore and Cough: Detect and re app. It comes with an easy-to-use interface and can be used by following the steps given below.
1. Download and open the Snore and Cough: Detect and re from Play Store.
2. Click on the Get started button and you will be welcomed by the home screen.
3. Here we need to enable Microphone permissions so that it can record audio, to analyze your cough pattern.
4. Now, enable storage permission to save the audio file on your phone.
5. Click on the White Circle button to start recording.
6. The recorded audio can be accessed from the menu button.
SnoreLab: Record Your Snoring
The third app is called SnoreLab: Record Your Snoring which can be used to detect your snoring. Follow the steps given below for a detailed guide on the same.
1. Download and open the SnoreLab: Record Your Snoring from Play Store.
2. Now grant the microphone permissions to the app.
3. After enabling the Microphone access, it will guide you to place your device the right way. Click on the Start button.
4. The snore detection will start in a minute, the recording can be stopped by sliding the screen.
5. Click on the Records button on the home page, to see all the recorded data.
6. The Trends section will show you the patterns/trends of your snore.
Snore Clock is another Snore detection app for you that tracks and analyzes your snoring pattern while you are asleep. To use this, follow the step-by-step guide given below.
1. Download and open the SnoreClock – Do you snore? app from Play Store.
2. Click on the Red Start/Stop icon to start recording your snore.
3. Allow the microphone permission to let the app capture the audio.
4. Once the microphone permission is provided, the app will start recording data and generate a graph for the same.
Do I Snore or Grind App
The next app for snore detection is called Do I Snore or Grind. Follow the below-given guide to how it works.
1. Download and open the Do I Snore or Grind app from Play Store.
2. Now sign-up with your email or Google/Facebook account.
3. On the next screen, allow the Location permission, microphone permission, and storage permission.
4. Finally, allow Notification permission.
7. After allowing all the permissions, tap on the Start button to start recording your snore, and slide the screen to stop it.
In the above article, we discussed ways to get snore and cough detection on your Android phone. Since the introduction of the cough and snore detection feature on Pixel phones by Google, we saw a huge rise in these kinds of apps and features. It’s a great addition to our phones, as with depleting weather conditions, we develop coughs quite easily. I hope you found this helpful if you did share it with your friends and family. Check out other tips linked below, and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such tech tips.
You might be interested in:
- How to Use Crash Detection on Pixel and Other Android Phones
- How to Install Android 12 Style Lock Screen Clock on Your Phone
- 6 Ways to Install Dynamic Island on Any Android Phone
- 2 Ways to Delete Cough and Snore Data on Pixel 7 and 7 Pro?
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.