As previously mentioned by Elon Musk, Twitter is now ready to promote and push content creation, by bringing monetization tools to the platform. Twitter has now replaced Twitter Super Follows with Subscriptions to allow creators to make some money, by sharing exclusive content. In this read, we will discuss the eligibility requirements, and how you can apply for Twitter Creators Subscription.
Eligibility to Apply For Twitter Subscription
Before proceeding with the steps to apply for Twitter Subscription, let’s first discuss the eligibility criteria you must meet.
- You need to be a Twitter Blue user or Twitter for Organisation user
- There should be at least 500 followers
- You need to be active in the past 30 days
- You should be at least 18 years or older
Note: Accepted Subscriptions participants must also maintain a minimum of 25 Tweets every 30 days
Benefits You Can Give to Your Twitter Subscribers
As an approved Twitter Creator you can share the following benefits with the other Twitter users who subscribe to you.
- Your Exclusive Tweets
- Subscriber Badge
- Subscribers Tab
- Subscriber-only Spaces
Steps to Apply for Twitter Subscription for Creators
Now, that we are familiar with the eligibility requirements, let’s proceed with the steps to apply for Twitter Subscription as a creator.
1. Tap your Profile Picture from the top left corner and expand Professional Tools to access Monetisation.
2. On the next page, tap on the Subscriptions option.
3. Once on the subscription page, tap on Check Eligibility from the top right.
4. If you meet the requirements, tap on the Continue to Application button.
5. On the next page, tap the Confirm button, and choose the category of your content. You can choose multiple categories, once done tap the back button.
6. Next, on the Account page, fill in other details like where else you post your content, and how will you use your Twitter Subscription.
7. Finally, tap on Submit Application.
Now, Twitter will go through your application, and update you via email about whether your account is approved for Subscription or not. Twitter can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to reply to your application. You can also check the status of your application from the same page you applied from.
Q. What Is Twitter Subscription for Creators?
Subscriptions are a way to help people (eligible creators) on Twitter to earn monthly income from the content they create. Approved creators are paid a share of the revenue Twitter earns from Subscription offers. The Subscribers can get an extra level of access and bonus content shared by creators.
Q. Who Is eligible for Twitter Monetization?
Twitter creators residing in eligible countries, who meet the eligibility requirements can apply to participate in the Subscriptions program. Subscription purchases are currently available globally on Twitter for iOS, Android, and the web.
Q. Can a Creator Choose the Subscription Value for Twitter Followers?
Yes, a creator can set the monthly price for his/her Twitter Subscription offering, though he/she needs to choose from one of the price points made available by Twitter. Right now, there’s no option to change the price, Twitter will bring such an option in the future.
Q. Why Is the Twitter Subscription Cost of Two Creators Different?
Twitter allows each Subscription participant’s Creator to choose his/her subscription cost, though he/she can choose from one of the price points made available by Twitter.
Q. Why Is Twitter Subscription Button Gone From My Profile?
If you have violated the Twitter Community guidelines, or have tweeted less than a minimum of 25 Tweets every 30 days. Then Twitter can take back the subscription button from your profile.
Q. How Can I check The Status of My Twitter Creator Subscription?
You can also check the status of your application from the same page you applied from.
Q. I’ve Applied for Twitter Creator Subscription, How Long Does the Approval Take?
Twitter can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to reply to your application. You can also check the status of your application from the same page you applied from.
Q. How Will Twitter Pay Me for My Twitter Subscriptions?
You need to set up a confirmed account with Stripe, our payout provider. Stripe determines payout eligibility and methods based on a creator’s location.
Q. When Will Twitter Pay Me for My Twitter Subscription?
You need to accumulate a minimum of $50 to transfer your earning from Twitter to your Stripe account. If you don’t meet the $50 threshold, the unpaid amount simply rolls over into the next month until the threshold has been met or exceeded.
Once you have met the conditions, Twitter will adjust any chargebacks if applicable. It takes 3-5 business days for funds to appear in your bank account. In some cases, it can take up to 10 business days.
Q. Why Twitter Is Paying Me Less Than My subscription Fees?
Twitter follows a dual payout policy for revenue sharing with Twitter Creators:
- Twitter pays up to 97% of the revenue Twitter has earned from selling access to your Subscriptions. This 97% is calculated after in-app purchase fees until you reach $50,000 in lifetime earnings from Twitter across all Twitter monetization products.
- After you reach $50,000 in lifetime earnings, Twitter will pay up to 80% of the revenue Twitter has earned after in-app purchase fees.
Q. How Can I Opt Out of or Deactivate My Twitter Creator Subscription?
In order to deactivate your Creator Subscription, you can go to the same form page from the Android app or Twitter Web. Currently, iOS users do not have the option to deactivate the Subscription button from the app, they need to deactivate it from Twitter web.
So this is how you can as a content creator apply for Twitter Creators Subscription. Your subscribers will get an exclusive badge, as a special recognition, and can access your exclusive bonus content, personal replies, and more. If you found this useful, share it with your other creator friends, to help them make some money. Stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such reads, and check the ones linked below.
You might be interested in:
- How to Earn and Use Google Play Points to Get Free Apps?
- [Working] 4 Ways to Schedule Tweets on Twitter Web to Save Time
- Twitter Professional Account: How to Setup, Requirements, and Benefits
- What is Ticketed Twitter Space, and How to Start One?
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.