Are you looking for a smartphone in the price range of under Rs 20,000? This segment has always been one of the most sought after for most of us. Whether you want a camera-centric smartphone or a powerful phone for heavy usage, you will surely find something in this segment.
Good performance, dual cameras, and premium build are the main USP of this segment. Also, with more and more companies stepping their feet in this extremely lucrative market, you can get smartphones with unique features which may go toe to toe with some high-end phones.
So, you have a lot of options to choose for your next smartphone under Rs. 20,000. To make things simple for you, we got you covered with our list of the best smartphones under Rs. 20,000 here.
The most recently launched Honor 9i could be probably one of the best phones under Rs. 20,000. It is a powerful smartphone at this affordable price. The phone has premium features like a FullView display and four cameras- two at rear and two at front of it. You can expect good performance from the Honor 9i with a good processor inbuilt. Regarding the camera, however, Honor could have refined this phone slightly to balance the results, still, it takes good snaps. Rest assured, the Honor 9i is an excellent buy at this price.
- Display: 5.9 inch full HD+ (1080 x 2160p) 18:9 IPS LCD display
- Hardware: Kirin 659 processor clocked at 2.36 GHz with Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable up to 128GB
- Front Camera:13MP + 2MP dual cameras with soft flash
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 2MP dual cameras with dual LED flash
- Battery: 3,340 mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi launched the Mi A1 as its first stock Android smartphone earlier last month. The Mi A1 is already selling like hot cakes under this segment. The phone comes with Android One program which means it will receive updates directly from Google. Also, the Mi A1 comes with a dual camera setup and Snapdragon 625 processor which is quite good. With a sturdy build and premium features, the Xiaomi Mi A1 stands at a good position in this range.
- Display: 5.5 inch full HD (1920 x 1080p) IPS LCD display
- Hardware: Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage with up to 128GB expansion option
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture and facial recognition
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide angle f/2.2 aperture) + 12MP (telephoto f/2.6 aperture)
- Battery: 3,080 mAh non-removable battery
Coolpad Cool Play 6
The Coolpad Cool Play 6 is a strong mid-range smartphone here. The phone has a well refined dual camera setup with a powerful processor which is a plus point for it. The Cool Play 6 comes with good specifications on paper, and it is really efficient for daily usage and even heavy usage. The phone is centered for those who want a device with good cameras and performance. However, storage is the only limitation on the Coolpad Cool Play 6.
- Display: 5.5 inch full HD (1920 x 1080p) IPS LCD display
- Hardware: Snapdragon 653 clocked at 1.95 GHz with Adreno 510 GPU
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 64GB storage
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 13MP with f/2.0 aperture and dual-LED flash
- Battery: 4,000 mAh non-removable battery
Moto G5 Plus
If you are looking for a smartphone under Rs. 20,000 with overall good features, you can’t get anything better than the Moto G5 Plus. The midrange phone from Motorola is combined with the solid performance, offers decent battery life and comes with an excellent camera in this price range. All this makes the Moto G5 Plus, one of the best phone under Rs. 20,000. Moreover, you will continue to get the latest Android version whenever it comes as promised by Moto.
- Display: 5.2 inch full HD (1920 x 1080p) IPS LCD display
- Hardware: Snapdragon 625 clocked at 2.0 GHz with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM, 16GB/32GB storage
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Rear Camera: 12MP with f/1.7 aperture and dual-LED flash
- Battery: 3,000 mAh non-removable battery
Samsung Galaxy On Max
The Samsung Galaxy On Max is also one of the best budget-friendly phones in this category. The phone from Samsung features one of the greatest low light cameras we have seen this year. The front-facing camera is also quite good. The phone offers a good bigger display and a decent battery life as well. However, as compared to others, the phone is slightly slower because of the hardware, however, it depends on how heavy your usages are.
- Display: 5.7 inch full HD (1920 x 1080p) IPS LCD display
- Hardware: MediaTek MTK6757 clocked at 1.69 GHz with Mali T880 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB storage
- Front Camera: 13MP with f/1.9 aperture
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/1.7 aperture and dual-LED flash
- Battery: 3,300 mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
If you are looking for a phone with big display and a good battery life along with solid performance then the Mi Max 2 from Xiaomi is certainly a good option. It is powered by the octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor with 4GB RAM which is quite a good combination. The main feature of this smartphone is the big 6.44 inch display with good viewing angles. Moreover, it is well-supported by the huge 5,300mAh battery, which won’t discharge even after two days of normal usage.
- Display: 6.44 inch full HD (1920 x 1080p) IPS LCD display
- Hardware: Snapdragon 625 at 2 GHz with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear Camera: 12MP with f/2.2 aperture and dual-LED flash
- Battery: 5300 mAh non-removable battery
As we have seen in recent times that mid-range smartphones are becoming more and more popular with each passing day. Phones between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 20,000 now come with premium features like metal unibody designs, better cameras, and powerful hardware. Apart from this, even flagship phones have similar features like the mid-rangers. Going by this, it is the best time to buy a mid-range smartphone.
Which of the above mid-range device did you like the most? Let us know!