Most of us rely on passwords, pin or pattern lock as a primary method of unlocking the device to ensure that we are the only one accessing our phone. Unfortunately, if in case you forget your pin, password or pattern due to any reason and get yourself locked out of your own Android phone, then the easiest way to regain access is to perform a factory reset, but wait, that way you’ll end up losing your precious data, right? Then how to unlock android phone without losing data?
For the same cause, we are here with a simple and working method using which you can get rid of an existing pin or pattern lock on your Android device and that too without losing data.
How to Unlock Android Phone?
For an easy Android lock screen removal on your Android phone, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download the dr.fone toolkit for Android using this link. Open the downloaded setup on your PC running Windows/Mac and let it complete the installation process.
- Now, open the software. You’ll be welcomed by the home screen which has a plethora of options. Simply click on what you came for, i.e.the “Unlock” option to enter the Lock screen removal section.
- Now, connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Your phone will be detected automatically and once it is done, follow the on-screen instructions and press the Start button to initiate the lock screen removal process.
- The tool will automatically detect your phone’s model, but in case if it faces difficulty, you’ll be asked to confirm the same.
- Once done with the above step, you need to boot your device into Fastboot mode. It can be done by switching off the device and holding Home, Power, and Volume Down button simultaneously. Note that different devices require different key combinations to boot into Fastboot/Download mode, you can lookup for yours on XDA.
- Once the software interacts with your device in fastboot mode, it will download the recovery package of your model. After the recovery file is downloaded, dr.fone will use its algorithms and operations to remove the lock screen from your phone. Note that it won’t harm any data stored on your phone and hence, is entirely safe to use.
- After the process is completed, disconnect your phone and reboot if not done automatically. Voila, now you can use your phone and access all the previously stored data without the need of any pin or password.
In rare cases, dr.fone unlock tool might not be compatible with your phone. In that situation, you can try the alternative methods below.
Unlock the phone with your Gmail Account
- If your phone is running on Android v4.4 or below, then you can reset its password by just using your Gmail account (which logged into the phone).
- Check if there is a “Forgot Password” button on the lock screen, if not, try random pin/passwords five The phone should now display a forgot password button on the bottom of the screen. Click It!
- Enter your Google Account details, e. e-mail ID and password. Next, click sign in.
- Now you can choose a new password and unlock your device easily.
Note that this option won’t work on Android 5 Lollipop and above. In such cases, you can opt for the next method.
Factory Data Reset
If nothing else works and you either don’t care about your data or have important files backed over the cloud, then you can choose to perform a factory data reset via recovery using the steps below.
- Turn off your phone and remove SD card (if present).
- Now, press the Home button, Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to boot into recovery menu; this is the general key combo for old Samsung devices. You can also try Volume up + Power button combination in general. Further, you have the choice to google the method (key combinations) for open recovery of a particular smartphone.
- After you are into recovery, use Volume rockers to navigate to Wipe Data/factory reset option and then use the power button to select this mode.
- Scroll down using volume buttons and tap “”
Wait for the process to complete, it’ll take a few minutes and will revert your phone to out-of-the-box condition, of course, you’ll lose everything that was stored locally on the phone.
So this was all about how you can unlock your Android phone without messing up with the data stored on it. Now you can chill and play with random passwords, dr.fone is there to rescue you!