iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were launched yesterday that is on 7th October 2016 in India. And today Airtel has announced a new offer where you can get an iPhone 7 for as low as Rs 19,900 and an iPhone 7 Plus for as low as Rs 30,792. This is similar to what you get to see in USA with T Mobiles or Verizon.
Airtel has announced this by introducing a new plan known as ‘iPhone for Life’. According to this plan, Airtel offers 5 GB, 10 GB and 15 GB data monthly at a price of Rs 1,999, Rs 2,499 and Rs 2,999 respectively. We must also note that apart from data, Airtel is offering unlimited local, STD and roaming calls. This offer is currently available only in Noida and Bengaluru.
The various buying options are as follows
The documents needed to avail this offer include
- ID Proof
- Address Proof
- Cancelled Cheque
- Income proof in terms of 2 month bank statement or 2 month salary slip
Currently, three Airtel stores in Bengaluru and a store in Noida is offering this currently.
The condition that Airtel is imposing is that you must continue to use their ‘iPhone for life’ plan for at least 1 year. Also if you want to continue to use the phone after one year, you can pay the balloon price quoted by Airtel and can continue to use the phone with other SIM. Also you cannot get MNP service within one year of purchase of mobile.
Also another advantage is that you get to upgrade to the latest iPhone after 1 year without paying full price. We must also note that we get unlimited calls along with bundled data. And if you do not turn up after 12 months to return your phone, Bajaj Finance will automatically deduct the balloon payment.
If you want to use the phone with SIM of other companies, you need to foreclose the loan from Bajaj Finance Ltd by paying the full amount and get your NOC from them and submit at Airtel stores.
After one year, the monthly tariff is reduced to Rs 1,199, Rs 1,599 and Rs 1,999 from Rs 1,499, Rs 2,499 and Rs 2,999 respectively. For more information please visit www.airtel.in/apple.
Why You Should Consider This?
This would be definitely beneficial if you want to purchase the new iPhone and is currently using Airtel.
- You get your hands on the latest iPhone at such a low down payment.
- You will not be paying any EMI instead you will be paying for the plans you will be opting.
- You can get a brand new iPhone 7 for Rs 19,900.
- You get phone at 0% rate of interest.
- You can upgrade to the latest iPhone after one year by not paying complete cost.
- You get unlimited local, STD and Roaming calls.
- The monthly tariff reduces after one year.
- iPhone gets more affordable.
Why You Should Not Consider This?
- The downside would be you cannot port to other companies.
- This is currently available only in Bengaluru and Noida.
- If you want to use the phone with other SIM after one year you need to pay the balloon price.
- You get restricted to Airtel network.
- If you do not need the phone you can return it after one year but there is no information about refund.
- Also its the owners responsibility to get it repaired if its damaged.