Understanding Indian market needs, where most of the people are comfortable with Hindi Language, as is evident from the market share of Hindi Media including News papers and magazines, Google has now made provisions for Google search in Hindi Script for your Android devices. You can write Hindi Script for search on your touch screen without the on screen keyboard and Google will recognize it and display search results accordingly.
Here is what you need to do to get started:
1) Go to www.google.co.in in your mobile browser
2) Tap on “Settings” at the bottom of the screen, go to Search Settings and enable “Handwrite.”
3) Change language in Google products to Hindi. Also add “Hindi” as a Language of Search Results
4) Refresh the screen and, tap the Handwrite icon on the bottom right corner of your screen to activate Handwrite mode.
5) Scribe in Hindi using your finger or Stylus and tab on the correct option in the search box Drop down list, and you are done!
For now Handwrite will be available only on Android 2.3+ phones, Android 4.0+ tablets and for iOS5+ devices. Google has also added Hindi Handwrite support to Google translate app. You can select the preferred languages from the drop down menu and once done, you can write the text you need to translate using Handwrite in Hindi.
This feature is also available on your Personal computers. You can go to http://translate.google.com and after selecting Hindi to English as languages, you can opt for handwrite option form left hand corner of the Translate box.
You can also install the Google Chrome extension to handwrite Hindi script on any website. Just click here and then click on add to chrome button. After installation you can go to click on the icon that appears in your Chrome toolbar. Go to “Extension options” to select Hindi .
a vast section of India which uses Hindi as primary language will definitely benefit from these features. Google recently launched “searching India Campaign” and the efforts to penetrate internet usage and Android smartphones can now be seen in effect.It is a smart move from Google to take impetrative steps to tap a vast section of untapped Indian emerging Market.