If you thought that the smartphones under the ‘Note’ series launched by Samsung were big enough for your hands then think again, because today or I should say just now Samsung has launched 2 new smartphones and with this they have started a new range of the smartphones by Samsung named as ‘Galaxy Mega’.
We talked about this previously in the leaks section and also as we know that before India they were released in different parts of Europe so we already had a good idea of their specifications.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Photo Gallery
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Photo Gallery
These 2 phones are named as Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. Well in their model name, the screen size has already been mentioned with 5.8 and 6.3. We have already talked about its specifications in our Quick Review section and now we will be talking about those specs which were hazy initially and now have been clarified by Samsung.
The Processor in case of Galaxy mega 5.8 is clocked at 1.4GHz and it is a Dual Core Processor (still not sure about the exact architecture of this processor). It will weigh around 182 grams and then the internal memory of 8GB can be extended up to 64GB with the help of microSD card slotm rest all the specs mentioned above in the Quick Review section are the same. Similarly galaxy Mega 6.3 is totally correct with all the specifications already mentioned in the Quick review section.
The processor will be of 1.7GHz Dual Core Exynoss Mali following the architecture of Cortex A-15 (in case of Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3) and both the phones have got same RAM configuration that is 1.5 GB. The primary camera in both the phones is great that it 8MP which is also accompanied by LED Flash but the battery backup is also not better when compared with Samsung Galaxy S4 (2600mAh) or Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (3100mAh).
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Quick Hands on Review [Video]
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Quick Hands on Review [Video]
Specifications and Key Features
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- Display Size: 5.8-inch qHD TFT display
- Software Version: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Weighs 182 g
- Camera: 8-megapixel camera
- Secondary Camera: 1.9MP Secondary Cam
- Internal Storage: 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), 3G, Bluetooth v4.0 ,Micro-USB, Wi-Fi Hotspot, GPRS, EDGE
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Thickness and Weight : 8.0mm thickness with weight 199g
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Display Size: 6.3-inch LCD,1280×720 pixels,233ppi
- Software Version: Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: 8 MP with LED flash,and can capture1080p video
- Secondary Camera: 1.9 MP
- Internal Storage: 8/16 GB storage
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Battery: 3200mAH battery
- Connectivity: microUSB, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, DLNA, GPS, MHL.
The price of these phones are also not much, as Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 will be priced at 25,100 INR and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 will be priced at 31,490 INR. Moreover as usually seen, these new smartphones have tied up with Vodafone and RCOM to provide the offer with their launch, so from Vodafone you will be getting a 2GB pack of 2G data free for first 2 month on the phone and for RCOM users you will get 2GB data free with these phones for 3 months along with free access to WhatsApp, Fcacebook and Twitter.