Snapchat has just introduced a brand new feature. Named as Snap Map, it lets you spot your friends on a live map inside the app. The interactive atlas will also show the major events, celebrations and breaking news across the globe. However, the Snapchat did not develop the Snap Map on its own. The image messaging app just integrated its recently bought Zenly Locator to enable the sharing and tracking functionality.
The social location sharing app Zenly Locator was recently acquired by Snapchat for around $250 million to $350 million USD. While this will be facilitating the Snap Map feature, Zenly will continue to exist independently too. However, we do not know for how long.
How to Access Snap Map?
In order to few the Snap Map from your Snapchat applications, you need to do the following steps.
- Navigate to your Camera screen
- Make a pinch zoom out gesture like this 👌
Do note that you must provide location access to the Snapchat app to access the Snap Map. You should get an automatic intimation to allow it. Still, if you miss it, you can always go the app settings of your smartphone to enable it.
Speaking of privacy, it’s your choice to let others know where you are. Snapchat has three types of location sharing mode for you.
- Only Me (Ghost Mode): Snapchat won’t share your location. You Bitmoji will show a ghost emoji.
- My Friends: All your friends will be able to see your location info.
- Select Friends: You will only be observable on the maps of your selected friends. Others will find you invisible.
If you wish to edit your location setting, click on the settings icon at the top-right corner of the displayed map.