Samsung has released a different style of phone at MWC and this phone is odd one out, the reason being it appears to be solid and feels the same way. It is waterproof (up to 1 meter for 10 minutes) and dustproof phone, when you will have a look you will release that this phone already comes with a cases embedded in it and thus it not a sleekly and a soft phones like Galaxy S3 and all the other devices which Samsung has been launching till date.
Samsung usually has the tradition of a hard button in the middle of the screen and then 2 soft buttons at both the sides of this home button. But this phone has all these 3 button as the hard buttons and the screen glass also feels thick. Talking about other hardware button this camera has a special knob at the back pane to unlock and lock the back cover of the phone and after a long time you can see an especially dedicated button for clicking the photos from this phone. Now let us take a look at the specifications.
XCover2 Specifications and Key Features
- The screen size is of 4.0 inches with capacitive touch with the resolution of 480×800 pixels.
- Its robustness also includes the Corning Gorilla Glass 2 which keeps it away from the scratches of dust.
- It operates Jellybeans Android 4.1.1 on dual-core 1GHz processor, the make has not been specified and uses 1 GB of RAM with it.
- Primary camera is of 5MP and the secondary is VGA, the video recording is decent with 720p HD recording and it will fun doing it under water.
- The ports on this phone are covered with a rubber slob (as they used to do in earlier days).
- It has an internal storage of 4GB which can be extended up to 32GB by external memory slot.
XCover2 Hands-On Images
Xcover2 Hands-On Video Review
The phone has been specifically designed for the users who avoid to buy smartphone as they have handling issues and thus cannot manage to handle those light and soft phones which are quite costly. Phones does not have very high-end spec but it is decent and good for the users who are using a smartphone for the first time. I think it will be an experiment by Samsung this time.