Next big thing from Sony, the ‘Sirius’ or what is believed to be the Xperia Z2, just made an appearance in a long-ish hands-in video thanks to a YouTube user.
The Xperia Z2 is expected to be showcased at the MWC in the coming two weeks, and this is perhaps the time when rumours start getting rife. In the video, the device is seen flaunting redesigned hardware apart from Google’s latest flavour of Android in v4.4 KitKat.
Sony Xperia Z2 Hands On
As can be seen in the video, the device looks real sleek and slender, keeping up with the latest tech going around. There are a few minor and major changes as well, which include, but aren’t limited to:
- Much better viewing angles
- New boot animation and live wallpaper
- KitKat style UI elements
- “Smart call handling”, a feature that lets you answer calls by placing the phone to your ear and dismiss them by shaking the device
- Ability to enable and disable notifications from specific apps
- Tap to wake, a feature that lets users wake the device by tapping on a locked screen
- Glove mode – allows you to use the device with gloves on
- 4K video recording support
- Same 20.7MP max resolution. However, 15.5MP is supported for 16:9 pictures
You can expect much more action on this front in the coming few days, with MWC 2014 right round the corner.