Redmond based software giant Microsoft has announced the roll out of a new software update for its discontinued Nokia X Android smartphone lineup. Well, it is the Nokia X Software Platform v1.2 meant for the Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL smartphone phones.
Measuring over 100 MB in size, the Nokia X Software Platform v1.2 will be rolled out an OTA update that will be automatically sent to the devices, but it will be done in phases. The users of these phones can check for the update manually by navigating to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates -> Check Now.
According to Nokia, the update will add key features as mentioned below:
- Enjoy improved ease of use with the new app switcher – switch easily between open apps, or close apps with a single tap.
- Instant access to your mail, calendar, and notes with Outlook.com and OneNote.
- Updated Nokia Store – new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with third-party stores.
- New scrollable widgets, call reject with a message, contact search in the dialer, automatic uploading to OneDrive, and local calendar support.
- General performance and usability improvements.
Earlier, Nokia rolled out a minor update to the Nokia X Software Platform in the first quarter of this year bringing about improvements to the performance of the handsets.