Google will soon launch Android Ambassador Program to recognize and reward Smartphone retailers who have helped propagate Android OS in India. Those who receive exclusive invites from Google will be allowed to register and enroll for the Android Ambassador Program.
There are several prices listed for those who choose to be a part of this program, and to qualify for the same, retailers will have to attend 2 free training sessions directly from Google. This should help increase Android awareness among retailers and better help them address consumer grievances.
Here is the list of benefits that Android Ambassadors in India will enjoy, apart from the training:
- Participation in Android events in all top cities
- In every city, top retailer will win all inclusive trip to Google headquarters in Mountain View, California, USA
- In every city, top 2 retailers will win an all inclusive trip to a prime location in delhi, to a key industry event
- In every city, one retailer will be featured on local television and news paper
- Exclusive Mobile App to help retailers sell more
- Free Android Accessories
- Free in-store visibility material
Both Android One program and Android Ambassador program establish Google’s explicit Interest in India. The Mountain View giant isn’t willing to penetrate as deep as possible, while the market continues to shift towards low cost budget price segment. We will see the first wave of Android One smartphones hit online stores on Monday afternoon, while Google is expected to host separate events for Android Ambassador program later.