More often it happens to us that for small medical issues such as Fever, cold & cough, head-ache and so on we avoid going to Physician or a doctor and we just simply visit a medical store and ask the store-keeper to give a medicine for these minor medical issues. Well, seen from a serious point of view it could prove very much harmful at times, when we might get some wrong medicine or maybe we could be allergic to the components in that medicine.
So overall just one thing to keep in mind that no matter you get the medicine from any source, for your well-being you should adopt the precaution to check for its components info, expiry date, usage methods and side-effects.
Well now how would you do that? Any idea?
Don’t worry you need not to be a pharmacist to know about all these, there are numerous apps in the market which would make it easy for you to gather the necessary information about the medicines you consume.
Today I have brought you top 5 apps for this purpose.
Well the first one is Epocrates. This app has over 1 million active users all over the world, its popularity and perfectness could be judged by the fact that 50% of the U.S. physicians use this app for suggesting better medicines for their patients. Below mentioned are some of its common features :-
- Helps to find providers for consults & referrals in the Provider Directory
- Helps in reviewing drug before prescribing
- Safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs is available at just one Tap
- Helps to check the potentially harmful drug-to-drug interactions between 30 drugs at a one time
- Helps to select national and regional healthcare insurance firms for drug coverage information
- Helps in identifying pills by the imprint code & its physical characteristics
- Helps to perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
- Helps in accessing medical news and research information within time
For Paid version-
- Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
- Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
The next app is Drug Dictionary. This app is a very useful medicines dictionary. Being a lot user friendly and has a really beautiful interface, its on of the best choice for pocket drugs dictionary. The App contains all the necessary information about drugs (i.e. usage, how to take, side effects, precautions, drug interactions, missed dose, storage and etc.). It also assists in suggesting new medicines for addition in the necessary medicines list. This app is strongly recommended for Medical students. However a bit of annoyance could be due to lots of pop-up adds.
iPharmacy Pill ID & Drug Info
iPharmacy Pill ID & Drug Info yet another very common app with over 3 million+ healthcare professionals and patients who are using it to manage their medication, access dosage, side effect and warnings and other necessary information for FDA approved medications. Using this app you could easily find the lowest price to fill your prescription, identify your pill by its color, shape and imprint, understand & manage your medication treatment, lower your health bill, all-in-ONE.
It enables you to save more and more money by its certain specific features like:-
- Over 1 million prices for more than 6,000 drugs at every major US pharmacy chain and many local stores
- Prices from all major US pharmacy chains and online pharmacies Information on manufacturer discount cards (free coupons given by pharmaceutical manufacturers that can save you $500 (approx. INR 30,000 or more)
- Incredible savings might be less than your copay!
- One click refill to the main pharmacy chains: CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens, Costco, WalMart and more!
Drugs.com is the very much popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information providing app. By providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products, it simply has a vast amount of specified data regarding medicines. Along with similar features like:-
- My Drug List
- Pill Identifier
- Questions & Answers
- Complete A-Z drugs listing
- Health Professionals
- and many more helpful tools
Recommended: 5 Best Instant Lag Remover Apps for Android
PocketPharmacist is your Drug Information, Interaction Checker, and Medication Organizer for your iOS device. This app contains certain below mentioned features:-
- Features Pharmacist summarized drug information on the top 1,550+ medications in the United States (growing each month).
- Features Med Check, the ground breaking new way to automatically check for interactions, overlapping side effects and precautions.
- Features Med Box, the easiest to use medication organizer and reminder. Now with Walgreens integration! Easily refill your Walgreens prescriptions within Med Box.
- Features myDrugCosts℠, helping you make cost-informed decisions about prescription drugs.
That’s all folks. So now as you have got something new to try on, then do try it and share your reviews and feedbacks with us in the Comments section and stay healthy.