Gone are the days when you needed to take out the memory card in your Smartphone or connect your Smartphone to your Laptop or Desktop using a USB cable in order to open, manage and transfer the files in your Smartphone’s Storage. Now Smartphones are coming up with USB OTG (i.e. On-The-Go) Compatibility with which users can simply connect their devices to any OTG enabled pendrives or simple pendrives using OTG cable and then transfer, share and manage all their data.
But it isn’t that simple to open and access your Smartphone’s Storage by connecting it simply with any OTG enabled pendrive. You need certain dedicated File managers specially designed for users to help them access their files by connecting to an OTG enabled device.
Today let us list 5 such OTG File Managers for your Android Smartphones. Each one with its own merits and demerits.
OTG Disk Explorer Lite
OTG Disk Explorer Lite is probably the most popular app used by most users worldwide. Users can use this app to easily transfer files between pendrive and their smartphone’s using OTG technology. This app has “Lite” in its name as because this app is just of 471kb only which is extremely small for such a superb app to function.
- Extremely Small size app, just 471 kb.
- Users can transfer and manage all type of files and folder the app supports even FAT32 type of Memory storage in Pendrives.
- The “Lite” version can only access file upto 30MB in size.
Recommended: 5 Ways to Not Kill Battery on Android
USB OTG File Manager
USB OTG File Manager is yet another app for this purpose. The app enables users to access various files of their smartphone’s storage including the root files too. The free version is a bit troublesome due to ads but the paid version resolves this issue too.
- The App automatically opens up whenever you connect an OTG enabled device.
- Users can access the Root files of their Smartphone.
- Some bugs are currently faced with devices running on Android 4.3 Jellybean
- The Free version is full of adds and can get annoying at times.
USB File Browser – Flash Drive
USB File Browser – Flash Drive is a File manager app which any android user would love to use to manage his files on an OTG device. This app has a really unique and innovative design and user interface. That’s the reason why it being a simple file manager app is so popular among its users. It directly identifies whenever you plug in a pendrive and get’s started by it self.
- The App identifies whenever you connect a Pendrive to your Smartphone and starts up itself.
- The app has a really unique and innovative user interface.
- Transferring files from one your Smartphone to pendrive could be slow at times with data amount is too large.
USB OTG File Manager for Nexus
USB OTG File Manager for Nexus is another file manager app which helps users to open and copy files from any OTG enabled device. This App supports both FAT32 and NTFS type of Storage devices. This app is specially designed for the Nexus series devices of Google but it could work normally with almost any other Android device.
- Supports FAT32 and NTFS type of Storage devices.
- As this app has been designed for Nexus Devices so its highly cool and innovative for other Android Smartphone users.
- Users can now also access and play media files stored on the OTG device using this app.
- The Video files are not being able to played while transferring files between the devices.
OTG Disk Explorer
And here’s our last app OTG Disk Explorer. This is a true file manager, using this app users could copy, move, rename, delete, extract, transfer and possibly could do anything which could have been possible with a normal file browsing app. This app could be used as a normal file manager app even if there is no OTG device connected to the Smartphone.
- Using this app users could copy, move, rename, share and delete the files on the OTG enabled device.
- The App has a really user-friendly and intuitive design.
- Functions only with FAT32 type of Storage devices.
Recommended: 5 Tricks to Avoid High Mobile Data Usage on Android
So here are the 5 Best OTG File Manager apps for your Android Devices. The one which I personally like the most is USB OTG File Manager for Nexus as it has such an innovative design and user-friendly interface. However the other apps have their own unique pros and cons as well so go ahead use these apps and share your Reviews and Feedback in the Comments Section.