OnePlus 2 users who have been waiting desperately for Oxygen OS 3.0 can now download the new update. Currently available in the form of a beta release (near-final), Oxygen OS 3.0 is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It is compatible only with the OnePlus 2 for now, but OnePlus plans to release the update for the OnePlus One and OnePlus X soon.
The new Oxygen OS 3.0 update comes with a large number of changes. Apart from the fact that it is based on the latest Marshmallow update, Oxygen OS 3.0 comes with a much improved Shelf UX, a better camera experience and other feature improvements in the wallpaper picker. It also comes with the regular bug fixes and performance improvements.
Recommended: OnePlus 2 Gets Official Price Drop Permanently
What’s New In Oxygen OS 3.0
Here is the detailed change-log of Oxygen OS 3.0:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- New OnePlus Camera UI
- UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner
- You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings
- New wallpaper picker
- Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
- Shelf UX has been improved
- No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvements
- Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
- Fingerprint performance improvement
- Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average
- Settings changes
- Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
- Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options
- Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit
- March security patches
If you are going to flash this update on your OnePlus 2, be sure to backup all your data. You can dirty flash this update on your OnePlus 2 if you are currently on Oxygen OS 2.2.0 or higher.
Download Oxygen OS 3.0 Beta
You can download the latest Oxygen OS 3.0 Beta update from here. Make sure you check out the detailed flashing instructions on the OnePlus forums.