While smartphone giants like Apple, HTC, Samsung etc., are launching phones with incremental upgrades, Chinese manufacturers are producing phones that are redefining the industry. Xiaomi just launched its concept phone, MI MIX, in an event held in China. The standout feature of the phone is its design-The phone features a 6.4-inch edgeless display with whopping 91.3% screen-to-body ratio, which means it is no larger than normal 5.7-6.0 inch smartphones. To achieve this stupendous design, Xiaomi partnered with French designer Philippe Starck.
Highlights of the Phone:
- 6.4-inch edgeless display.
- 91.3% screen-to-body ratio-highest on any smartphone to date.
- The body is made up of Ceramic.
- As it doesn’t have visible edges on the top, it doesn’t come with an earpiece but relies upon cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology, which transmits sound without the need for a receiver.
- Ultrasonic distance sensor instead of traditional proximity sensor.
- The front camera is located at the bottom of the phone.
- 18-karat gold rims around the camera and fingerprint sensor for higher end version.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Specifications
[table id=829 /]
Pricing And Availability
The Xiaomi Mi MIX pricing in China:
- 4GB/128 GB – CNY 3499, ~$516, ~Rs. 34,500
- 6GB/256 GB – CNY 3999, ~$590, ~Rs. 39,500
It will be available in China starting from November 4th. Availability in other markets including Indian market is unknown, but we cannot wait to experience this phone.