Xiaomi MIUI is a good interface from Xiaomi itself, but it got some hiccups here and there. Recently came into the limelight is a new bug which mismatch contacts saved on the phone. Xiaomi is blaming some third party apps for this bug like Truecaller and WhatsApp.
Xiaomi released a new app called Contacts corrector for Xiaomi smartphones with this bug. Here is a step by step method to install the app and how to use it to correct all your contacts at once. Let’s step right up and fix all the mismatched contacts.
Steps to install the app and correct the contacts
- Download the Contact corrector zip from here and unzip it to get the apk file
- Now, move the contact corrector apk file to your smartphone via data cable, so you know where you put the apk file.
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Close Settings and open Explorer app from the home screen and navigate to the folder where you put the apk file.
- Tap on the Contacts corrector apk file, and you will see the installation screen.
- Tap Install to install the app on your phone and wait till the app gets installed.
- Once installed, open the Contacts Corrector app from the home screen.
- You will see a screen with two buttons; Check and Correct.
- Tap the Check button and wait till the app scans your phone for contacts which need to be corrected.
- Now, tap on the Correct button, and the app will start fixing the contacts.
If the above solution doesn’t work for you for some reason, the following fix might do the trick.
- Backup the WhatsApp data from WhatsApp > Setting > Chats > backup.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp and reboot your phone.
- Now, install the WhatsApp again from PlayStore and restore the backup from the drive (you will get the option to restore while setting it up.)
- You can repeat the process with Truecaller app too.
Once you correct your contacts via the app, you can uninstall the app, or you can keep it installed for further use. If you have any additional queries about the process or any step, then make sure to drop them in the comments section.