OnePlus has rolled out a new beta update for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T which brings a bunch of new stuff to the two OnePlus flagships. The new updates bring features like new gestures switcher, adds CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218 and removes the clipboard from the device. There is a new feature added to the Messages app which let the users categorize the SMS according to categories.
The OnePlus 5 got the Beta 5 update and OnePlus 5T got the Beta 3 update which brings some special features to the OnePlus 5T. Because the OnePlus 5T has minimal bezel design, it comes with the soft navigation bar. Now, OnePlus has added a functionality to disable or replace the soft navigation bar with gestures.
These gestures will enable you to go back, home and activate app switcher just like the iPhone X. These gestures will also save you a lot of space on the screen. This update also brings some bug fixes and improvements, you can check out the full list of the changes below.
- Pick-up gesture switcher: this will let the user choose which way you swipe to answer the call.
- Some bug fixes and improvements
- Removed the clipboard feature
- Added CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Added navigation gestures which can be enabled in the place of the soft-nav bar
- SMS categorization feature in Messaging app
These updates are 162MB and 108MB for the OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 respectively. These updates include the December 2017 security patch. If you haven’t received this OTA update yet, then try flashing it manually by downloading it from the OnePlus official website.