WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in India and is used as the primary messaging app by most people in the country. WhatsApp currently has more than 200 million active users every month in India and as long as it is free, this number will continue growing.
WhatsApp was sold to Facebook and the social media company has been adding latest features to the app to retain users. The recent additions to the app include voice calling, video calling, Snapchat like stories, a business app and more. As mentioned earlier, the company is also testing group calling and group video calling.
While WhatsApp has many features, it lacks the customization which many users may want. There are several restrictions in the app and a user cannot customize the app according to his preference. If you are someone who wants to customize WhatsApp, then there is a solution for you – GBWhatsApp.
GBWhatsApp is a mod for WhatsApp developed by Has.007, a senior XDA member and this mod is based on WhatsApp Plus, a mod that has been closed by WhatsApp. This mod allows you to customize WhatsApp in terms of appearance and features. Below are the major features of GBWhatsApp.
- Auto-Reply Feature
- Improved Privacy options.
- Ability to hide last seen.
- Ability to hide the message delivered
- Ability to hide Read Receipts.
- Hide last seen for specific contacts only.
- Set Group name up to 35 characters.
- Ability to save any WhatsApp story to phone.
- Copy the status of contacts simply by tapping on their status.
- Ability to send all files (Eg. Apk, etc)
- Ability to set your status up to 255 characters instead of the traditional 139 characters.
- Ability to send broadcast to 600 people instead of 250 people.
- Ability to copy the status selectively.
- You can now click on the links right away without having to save the sender’s number or the Group Admin’s number.
- Mod to distinguish between normal messages & broadcast messages.
- Option to stay online for 24 hours, obviously on the cost of battery consumption.
- Ability to call directly on the phone from the app itself.
- Changing the bubbles styles & the tick styles.
- You can Mod any aspect of the app as you wish.
- Ability to Pin More than 3 Chats.
- Show Contacts Tab in Different Style.
- The possibility of sending a 50 Mb video instead of 16 Mb.
- The possibility of sending a 100 Mb audio clip instead of 16 Mb.
- The possibility of sending 90 images in a single time instead of 10 images.
- You can hide the name & date when you’re copying two or more messages.
- You can download and change the theme of the app.
Now that you know the features of GBWhatsApp, it’s time to see how to install the app and use it.
How to use GBWhatsApp
- First, open device settings and then go to Security and enable Unknown sources, which will allow you to install apps from sources other than the Play Store.
- Now, uninstall the official WhatsApp app from your phone.
- Now, download the GBWhatsApp app from here.
- Once you install the app, login using your phone number.
- Once you enter your number, you will get an OTP, which you need to enter in the app to use it.
- You have now installed the GBWhatsApp and you can now customize the app based on your preferences.